Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,741 Members 47,177 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help for moving apps to sd card...

Tip us?

souvikdasxpem
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile [Q] Help for moving apps to sd card...

I hv a xperia m (C1904) and hv updated to stock firmware 4.3 (15.4.A.1.9). I hv also rooted it via towelroot and hv used root checker pro to find that "your device has proper root access". Now when i use this method to transfer files to sd card via link2sd by this method
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2142844
it does not work. As sooon i create the mount script (on ext2 partiton) my phone automatically boots and gets stuck on bootloop. When i remove my sd card it boots normal. No clue.
So i tried Foldermount (again bootloop), GL to sd (again bootloop), apps2sd, still no succees..

P.S; i am using SanDisk 16 Gb class 10 mmc.
P.s; if the solution is to flash a custom ftf, then i hv another question, i can't download ftf files, when i click "download anyway" on google drive (any ftf file) the google chrome takes over the download and it always goes above 50% and then fails (sometime at 60% sometime at 50% like this..)
It always fails downloading,,,,,,..

plz help me...

P.s; I hv a locked bootloader..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-23-09-16-24[1].png
Views:	113
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	2812837  

gadgetroid
Old
Thanks Meter 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by souvikdasxpem View Post
I hv a xperia m (C1904) and hv updated to stock firmware 4.3 (15.4.A.1.9). I hv also rooted it via towelroot and hv used root checker pro to find that "your device has proper root access". Now when i use this method to transfer files to sd card via link2sd by this method
it does not work. As sooon i create the mount script (on ext2 partiton) my phone automatically boots and gets stuck on bootloop. When i remove my sd card it boots normal. No clue.
So i tried Foldermount (again bootloop), GL to sd (again bootloop), apps2sd, still no succees..

P.s; if the solution is to flash a custom ftf, then i hv another question, i can't download ftf files, when i click "download anyway" on google drive (any ftf file) the google chrome takes over the download and it always goes above 50% and then fails (sometime at 60% sometime at 50% like this..)

plz help me...

Hello there. I've addressed this issue on my help thread here . Link2SD doesn't work in your case. There is one other way.

syedafzal.shah
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by souvikdasxpem View Post

plz help me...

Swap Memory...
XPERIA M(SS)

Currently Running Stock 4.3(15.4.A.1.9) With Unlocked Bootloader and Root DEODEXED

nimaarya3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb Link2SD Problam

App2SD is not supported by your device. Because your device has a primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage. You can link the app in order to move its files to your SD card.
device sony m dual android 4.3

What can I do?

Thanks

jmjjaison
Old
Thanks Meter 2
It is because u haven't got the full root. What u have done with towel root is just the half root. Look up for the full rooting method using towel root thread

Sent from my C1904 using XDA Free mobile app

-FliP-
Old
Thanks Meter 1
As mentioned, find a root fix and apply it.

After that, swap your memory. Either by script or init.d.

ananthtcr
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by -FliP- View Post
As mentioned, find a root fix and apply it.

After that, swap your memory. Either by script or init.d.

Yes...
the only solution for ur problem is apply reboot fixer....

check this thread..

forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-m/general/towel-root-steps-to-root-t2789990

-FliP-
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthtcr View Post
Yes...
the only solution for ur problem is apply reboot fixer....
Reboot Fix is no longer required on 4.3.
At least the stock update fixed my reboot issues.

souvikdasxpem
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default -----

i completely unroot my phone and then full-rooted it by towel root, busybox and remountreboot fix....ok that's fine...but now i create a partition in my mmc and install link2sd and create mount script...the phone reboots with success...but only linking is possible ...the move 2 sd option is now highlighted but it says "Apps2sd is not supported by ur device..."" fine i'm using gl to sd....now...thanks for the help...