5,814,939 Members 47,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Help] XM - SS With Permanent Bootloader Block.

Tip us?

Uriezel
Old
(Last edited by Uriezel; 4th August 2014 at 09:04 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Help] XM - SS With Permanent Bootloader Block.

Hi mates, i'm nob in this, and i wanted to put a new rom in my xm, but i just do it to se that i can't, 'cos my Bootloader unlock allowed says No. pretty crappy .

So, now wanna know what can i do to make my xm faster, 'cos is slow, and it really doesn't have anything that could make him be like that, i mean, it has a few apps of 24mb each one or like that, and music, but the sd has 2,5gb clean, and the internal data has 1 gb clean, so i dont really know why is so slow. [even Ayakashi freezes ._. ]

I already rooted him with this guide.

And i don't know what to do. The Q are:

-- I can't put ANY rom, or the officials can be done?
-- How can i do that?.
-- I can do something with the firmware?.
-- What? xD

I don't know, if you know something i can do to make my XM better, and you can give me a tutorial, guide, or hand in it, i'll be very grateful in the slightest thing

See ya', tnks all in advance

I'm from Argentina, so i'm sorry for my english. (secundary and autodidact level)

WoJtOn
Old
(Last edited by WoJtOn; 4th August 2014 at 08:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
There are some ROM's that can be installed with locked bootloader, such as this one:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2515007

This particular ROM is for JB 4.2 that only XM DS comes with, you'd need to flash C2005 15.2.A.2.5 firmware first.

But after testing most of the ROM's available for Xperia M (even these for unlocked bootloader), I've came to the conclusion, that stock 4.3 is still the best for everyday use. It runs smooth as a butter on my device and you don't need to sacrifice anything for performance.

So here is what I would have done:

1.Make sure to back up everything that you need, because all of the data stored on the internal memory will be lost.

2.Change the firmware of your phone with a Flashtool. I'm assuming that you are still on 15.1.C.2.8 firmware that comes out of the box, in that case, download the 15.4.A.1.9 firmware from this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2781799

Its a .ftf file, flash it using Flashtool, there are a lot of guides out there how to do that, the process is very similiar if not identical between Sony phones.

3.Root and deodex (if you need to) your phone using guides for JB4.3 on this forum. Optionally, you can install Greenify, which further increases the performance, but if you use only a few apps, there is not much point in that, it won't make much of a difference.

That's about it in terms of making it run smooth, at least I can't think of anything else.

My phone runs smooth on Stock 4.3 even with quite a few apps installed., if yours still doesn't (it lags, freezes, reboots), there is probably something wrong with the phone itself and it should be sent for a repair.

Best of luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to WoJtOn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Uriezel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoJtOn View Post
There are some ROM's that can be installed with locked bootloader, such as this one:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2515007

This particular ROM is for JB 4.2 that only XM DS comes with, you'd need to flash C2005 15.2.A.2.5 firmware first.

But after testing most of the ROM's available for Xperia M (even these for unlocked bootloader), I've came to the conclusion, that stock 4.3 is still the best for everyday use. It runs smooth as a butter on my device and you don't need to sacrifice anything for performance.

So here is what I would have done:

1.Make sure to back up everything that you need, because all of the data stored on the internal memory will be lost.

2.Change the firmware of your phone with a Flashtool. I'm assuming that you are still on 15.1.C.2.8 firmware that comes out of the box, in that case, download the 15.4.A.1.9 firmware from this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2781799

Its a .ftf file, flash it using Flashtool, there are a lot of guides out there how to do that, the process is very similiar if not identical between Sony phones.

3.Root and deodex (if you need to) your phone using guides for JB4.3 on this forum. Optionally, you can install Greenify, which further increases the performance, but if you use only a few apps, there is not much point in that, it won't make much of a difference.

That's about it in terms of making it run smooth, at least I can't think of anything else.

My phone runs smooth on Stock 4.3 even with quite a few apps installed., if yours still doesn't (it lags, freezes, reboots), there is probably something wrong with the phone itself and it should be sent for a repair.

Best of luck.
Whoooo, tnks mate!!!, i'm going to try all of it

Have a nice day!!

Atte*