FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to fix phone (without needing power down button)

198 posts
Thanks Meter: 52

By seanp25, Senior Member on 31st December 2015, 08:35 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I was stupidly trying to press the power down button (the internal one after removing the back cover) with a pen and now it seems to be permanently indented (but not actually registering as being pressed as far as I can tell). And can't get it to press (I read aluminium foil is useful here somehow? Not sure how?)

Anyway, this happened when I was just after unlocking bootloader (4.3 stock rom) and now my phone will not boot (loops at Xperia wave).

I have also flashed CM12 boot.img through fastboot, but phone won't enter recovery mode.

So the normally recommended rescue from this is to enter fastboot flash mode by holding power up when plugging in USB (this works OK), then using Flashtool to flash an ftf. Unforutunately the flashing procedure requires early on that you plug out the USB, then plug it back in while holding power down (can't hold power down).

Any solutions to this? Any way to flash anything at all in fastboot that will give me recovery, or a booting phone, or the ability to run adb reboot recovery (any way to reboot to recovery from fastboot?)

Thanks.
Last edited by seanp25; 31st December 2015 at 09:00 PM.

1st January 2016, 09:39 AM |#2  
Flag Tangerang
Thanks Meter: 638

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanp25

I was stupidly trying to press the power down button (the internal one after removing the back cover) with a pen and now it seems to be permanently indented (but not actually registering as being pressed as far as I can tell). And can't get it to press (I read aluminium foil is useful here somehow? Not sure how?)

Anyway, this happened when I was just after unlocking bootloader (4.3 stock rom) and now my phone will not boot (loops at Xperia wave).

I have also flashed CM12 boot.img through fastboot, but phone won't enter recovery mode.

So the normally recommended rescue from this is to enter fastboot flash mode by holding power up when plugging in USB (this works OK), then using Flashtool to flash an ftf. Unforutunately the flashing procedure requires early on that you plug out the USB, then plug it back in while holding power down (can't hold power down).

Any solutions to this? Any way to flash anything at all in fastboot that will give me recovery, or a booting phone, or the ability to run adb reboot recovery (any way to reboot to recovery from fastboot?)

Thanks.

okay, now what you want to do? you want have recovery on your phone?
yes, some boot.img will give you recovery when you flash in on flash mode. but that can make your system incompatible with your custom boot.img/kernel. cause almost all boot.img is modified kernel with included recovery inside them.
if you want get recovery, try to flash your stock firmware again and do a full wipe data and cache on flashtool (don't forget to wipe or you will get a bootloop). after complete wait untill enter to home screen and let's do simple root on your phone using towelroot and install normal SuperSU. after done, try to look at this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...85&postcount=1. install that recovery using adb command. after done you only need to reboot and you've recovery mode .

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

and try to move your thread on Q&A thread not General thread. i think more people will try to solve your problem here
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)