[Q] what micro sd ?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By andreas_spec, Junior Member on 21st August 2014, 01:18 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello , i have this phone about 4-5 months , it's great smartphone for its pricerange , right now i am looking for a good micro sd card ! what company ?(sandisk,samsung , tdk,etc.) and what type ? i saw the sandisk extreme plus i think with 90 mb/s read , will it make it faster on photos -videos-music , or the sandisk ultra with 30 mb/s read is good enough ?Thank you !
(It's my first post here ,so if i did any mistake ,let me know !
21st August 2014, 02:47 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 46
Hey andreas
I've myself been using the SanDisk ultra one for over a year now. Fact is its write speeds seem to have decreased a lil from the initial days still id vouch for it as it gives satisfactory performance.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dastan4eva For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 09:18 PM |#3  
Flag São Paulo (Capital)
Thanks Meter: 6

Firstly, you need to know how much space do you want. If you want something over 32 GB, you're going to use MicroSDXC, wich goes up to 2 TB (128 GB is the maximum you'll find, currently). SDXC needs to be reformated to FAT32 to be supported by smartphones. You may find something about it doing a quick research on Google.

On what comes to manufacturer, this article ( is a good guide, even it's a quite 'old' (1 year) for technology standards. It basically states, after doing some tests, that Sandisk has the best quality, Samsung takes the mid-end front and some good Class 4 even outperforms some low quality Class 10. You may look upon these tests and decide on what one will fullfill your needs.

For me, a Samsung 32 GB UHS-1 would be fine. It's very fast (UHS-1 is faster than Class 10) and made by a good manufacturer. It may not be a Sandisk, but isn't so far from, anyway. Plus, we're talking about smartphone storage, which usually won't require anything so high end, like professional photographers usually do.
Last edited by prppedro; 23rd August 2014 at 04:43 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prppedro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread