[Q] what micro sd ?

OP andreas_spec

21st August 2014, 12:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello , i have this phone about 4-5 months , it's great smartphone for its pricerange , right now i am looking for a good micro sd card ! what company ?(sandisk,samsung , tdk,etc.) and what type ? i saw the sandisk extreme plus i think with 90 mb/s read , will it make it faster on photos -videos-music , or the sandisk ultra with 30 mb/s read is good enough ?Thank you !
(It's my first post here ,so if i did any mistake ,let me know !
21st August 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 24

133 posts
Hey andreas [emoji3]
I've myself been using the SanDisk ultra one for over a year now. Fact is its write speeds seem to have decreased a lil from the initial days still id vouch for it as it gives satisfactory performance.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dastan4eva For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #3  
Flag São Paulo (Capital)
Thanks Meter: 6

18 posts
More
Hi!

Firstly, you need to know how much space do you want. If you want something over 32 GB, you're going to use MicroSDXC, wich goes up to 2 TB (128 GB is the maximum you'll find, currently). SDXC needs to be reformated to FAT32 to be supported by smartphones. You may find something about it doing a quick research on Google.

On what comes to manufacturer, this article (http://us.hardware.info/reviews/4544...s-a-difference) is a good guide, even it's a quite 'old' (1 year) for technology standards. It basically states, after doing some tests, that Sandisk has the best quality, Samsung takes the mid-end front and some good Class 4 even outperforms some low quality Class 10. You may look upon these tests and decide on what one will fullfill your needs.

For me, a Samsung 32 GB UHS-1 would be fine. It's very fast (UHS-1 is faster than Class 10) and made by a good manufacturer. It may not be a Sandisk, but isn't so far from, anyway. Plus, we're talking about smartphone storage, which usually won't require anything so high end, like professional photographers usually do.
Last edited by prppedro; 23rd August 2014 at 03:43 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prppedro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Xperia M Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank