Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] <NEWBIE> Is this phone hard to root etc.?

OP david19au

6th July 2014, 08:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 4

104 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello,

I may go and buy this Xperia M but as of now, im using a Samsung Galaxy Mini which i rooted really easily just by clicking one button. But as for Xperia, i read that You need to unlock the "bootloader" . Well, if im going to unlock the bootloader, do i get some differences from the locked one? (I mean, will some stock stuff work?) And whats the difference between the Xperia M "C1904" and "C1905" ? And also, I havent seen popular ROMs like MIUI or other manufacturer ROM (Touchwiz, Sense ROMs etc.) to be ported’ or developed for the Xperia M. Well, when I think, the procedure to port those ROMs is same when i do this for my old Mini? Thanks For The Answers
6th July 2014, 09:28 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 35

204 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by david19au

Hello,

I may go and buy this Xperia M but as of now, im using a Samsung Galaxy Mini which i rooted really easily just by clicking one button. But as for Xperia, i read that You need to unlock the "bootloader" . Well, if im going to unlock the bootloader, do i get some differences from the locked one? (I mean, will some stock stuff work?) And whats the difference between the Xperia M "C1904" and "C1905" ? And also, I havent seen popular ROMs like MIUI or other manufacturer ROM (Touchwiz, Sense ROMs etc.) to be ported’ or developed for the Xperia M. Well, when I think, the procedure to port those ROMs is same when i do this for my old Mini? Thanks For The Answers

Nope .too easy ,right now DEV'S found an easy way to root Xperia M really easy ..Using towelROOT ...it will do the rooting finish in 3 mins .

Rooting does not require you to unlock your booloader . But if you want to install custom rom's then you should unlock your bootloader for that .. :and there are like 10+ ROMS that can be apply in this PHONE .
6th July 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Prague

104 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farsiris

Nope .too easy ,right now DEV'S found an easy way to root Xperia M really easy ..Using towelROOT ...it will do the rooting finish in 3 mins .

Rooting does not require you to unlock your booloader . But if you want to install custom rom's then you should unlock your bootloader for that .. :and there are like 10+ ROMS that can be apply in this PHONE .

Well, do You there will be more than 10 ROMs? Otherwise, I would go for the S3 Mini (they are pretty same)
Last edited by david19au; 6th July 2014 at 02:29 PM.
7th July 2014, 09:18 AM   |  #4  
Flag Mandvi
Thanks Meter: 1

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farsiris

Bro, do i have to unloack Boot loader to install other rom shared in development thread section....
7th July 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 29

96 posts
More
Quote:

Well, do You there will be more than 10 ROMs? Otherwise, I would go for the S3 Mini (they are pretty same)

Cm11 fxp builds are quite stable (latest one is fastest and bugless), there are different roms too and I am sure there will be more. You can follow development thread.

Despite this If you don't want to buy xperia m, you can go for motorola moto g.
7th July 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Prague

104 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barua

Cm11 fxp builds are quite stable (latest one is fastest and bugless), there are different roms too and I am sure there will be more. You can follow development thread.

Despite this If you don't want to buy xperia m, you can go for motorola moto g.

I know about Moto G but they aren't selling that in Czech Republic :P Otherwise i would surely go for the Moto G. That's why I'm here, I don't know what to pick, performance (Xperia M) or for the one which have a bigger developer community (the S3 Mini). Btw. the S3 Mini has a 100% bugless CM11
9th July 2014, 01:07 PM   |  #7  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag stamatis∈A, A=∅
Thanks Meter: 1,101

2,946 posts
Quote:

Hello,

You don't need to unlock bootloader in order to root Xperia M.
It is not hard to root the phone.
As for what device to buy, it is your choice. Depending on what you need and like you will have to make this choice by yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to stamatis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
Previous Thread Next Thread