No registration required

[Q] Screwed up Conversations.apk :C

OP AndyPhoenix9879

19th June 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17

73 posts
More
As the title said, my conversations.apk (Messaging App) is, well, screwed up. It kept force closing when I tried to send a message, It says this "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped". How I got into this problem? I've probably restored the wrong data file in which it restores all my messaging history (The data file were not from my Xperia M but on my previous device, Xperia J) Could the data had conflict? But anyway, can anyone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help me?! D: and I think if you restore Phone/Messaging Storage, the Messaging App will go all nuts. I tried getting conversations.apk (another one) which is an old one but still no luck, wiping data on both (conversations.apk and phone/messaging storage) doesn't help :C Is there any other options I have other than reflashing the ROM wiping the whole data? Please help me.
19th June 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 27

205 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPhoenix9879

As the title said, my conversations.apk (Messaging App) is, well, screwed up. It kept force closing when I tried to send a message, It says this "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped". How I got into this problem? I've probably restored the wrong data file in which it restores all my messaging history (The data file were not from my Xperia M but on my previous device, Xperia J) Could the data had conflict? But anyway, can anyone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help me?! D: and I think if you restore Phone/Messaging Storage, the Messaging App will go all nuts. I tried getting conversations.apk (another one) which is an old one but still no luck, wiping data on both (conversations.apk and phone/messaging storage) doesn't help :C Is there any other options I have other than reflashing the ROM wiping the whole data? Please help me.

Go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2703222
Find dump of conversations.apk for your firmware
Push it into system/app with any root explorer, so that you replace it
Reboot phone and it should work
The Following User Says Thank You to rizla2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #3  
Flag Belgrade,Serbia
Thanks Meter: 41

134 posts
More
The golden rule of modding a phone:
Always make a nandroid backup!