[Q] Slightly messed up my firmware

Search This thread

TheStudent

Jun 21, 2014
Hello there,

I'm very new, so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong forum, or if there's a more appropriate place for this quesion! :)

Here's the thing... In an attempt to root my Sony Xperia C1905, I was trying to revert my firmware to a previous version of Android (4.2, I think). Anyway, something happened and things didn't work out, so I re-flashed it with a version of 4.3 that I downloaded from somewhere (I don't know where, but the default language was set to German!)... Thing is, when I turn my phone on, I get stuck in a boot-loop (pretty Xperia colous) for about 3-5 minutes until it gets to the main screen.

I have tried things like using the Sony PC Companion to repair it, but to no avail. Is there some other way I can fix this, or revert it to its original firmware, without this stupid boot-loop?

Thanks for reading! :)

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
Hello there,

I'm very new, so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong forum, or if there's a more appropriate place for this quesion! :)

Here's the thing... In an attempt to root my Sony Xperia C1905, I was trying to revert my firmware to a previous version of Android (4.2, I think). Anyway, something happened and things didn't work out, so I re-flashed it with a version of 4.3 that I downloaded from somewhere (I don't know where, but the default language was set to German!)... Thing is, when I turn my phone on, I get stuck in a boot-loop (pretty Xperia colous) for about 3-5 minutes until it gets to the main screen.

I have tried things like using the Sony PC Companion to repair it, but to no avail. Is there some other way I can fix this, or revert it to its original firmware, without this stupid boot-loop?

Please refer to this thread as it will tell you how to flash .ftf files manually. Also, make sure that you tick wipe data and wipe cache. This is probably the source of your bootloop problems. Have a good day, feel free to PM me if you need more help.

Reactions: TheStudent

paper13579

Oct 11, 2013
dublin
Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro)
Wait, buddy i might be wrong here but did you say that it goes to the min screen after the bootanimation ( pretty colours). If so, then that isnt a bootloop. A bootloop is when your phone stays on that bootanimation and never loads up, it's also called a soft brick. As gamer649 above me said, you might wanna check out that thread to know how to flash ftfs manually.

Reactions: TheStudent

TheStudent

Jun 21, 2014
Thank you both so much for responding so quickly! I shall indeed check out that thread posted by gamer649 and hope that solves the problem (If not I shall report back.)

Thanks again! :)

TheStudent

Jun 21, 2014
Wait, buddy i might be wrong here but did you say that it goes to the min screen after the bootanimation ( pretty colours). If so, then that isnt a bootloop. A bootloop is when your phone stays on that bootanimation and never loads up, it's also called a soft brick. As gamer649 above me said, you might wanna check out that thread to know how to flash ftfs manually.

Ah yeah, you're right, it's not a boot-loop in that case because it does indeed load up after a while, my mistake!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello there,

Please refer to this thread as it will tell you how to flash .ftf files manually. Also, make sure that you tick wipe data and wipe cache. This is probably the source of your bootloop problems. Have a good day, feel free to PM me if you need more help.