Flashing and updating instructions
If you have pure untouched stock
Before you begin: Make sure that you have the ROM you want in .zip format and this recovery in .zip format on your external sd card. If you don't have one, on your internal.
1. Install Towelroot
2. Launch it, click on magic button, bah, you're now rooted.
3. Make a backup of your TA partition using i.e. Backup TA
. DON'T SKIP THIS STEP
, or you will lose your warranty forever. You need root for this step, so don't try it without 1 and 2.
4. Get familiar with fastboot
5. Turn off your device.
6. Hold Vol-up button, don't release it.
7. Plug your phone to your PC, while you're holding Vol-up.
8. It won't boot (black screen) but LED should indicate that device is turned on.
9. Execute fastboot -i 0x0fce getvar version
. Use fastboot.exe instead of fastboot if you're on windows, do the same for all fastboot commands, you should already know it.
10. If you got return value, such as "0.5", you did everything correctly, congratulations! If you did not
get return value, don't go further until you get it, because your fastboot connection doesn't work.
11. Get bootloader unlock code from Sony here
. You can view your IMEI with *#06# code if you need it.
12. Unlock bootloader with fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xCODE
is the code from Sony. I.e. if you got "ABCD0011" code on your e-mail, execute fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xABCD0011
13. You should get response like "Okay".
14. Extract boot.img file from the zip you downloaded from this thread. Put in the same directory as fastboot.
15. Flash boot.img with fastboot flash boot boot.img
16. Execute fastboot reboot
17. Wait for your device to turn on, then immediately
after you see that your led changed color to pink
, start clicking Vol-Up button repeatedly. Stop when you see that your led changed it's color to blue
18. If you did everything correctly, you should have booted custom recovery right now.
19. Enter "mounts & storage", and format: /system /cache /data. If you don't have anything important on your internal sd card, I strongly
suggest to format /data and /data/media as well.
20. Flash any ROM you want
21. Remember that your ROM will overwrite your recovery (kernel), so if you want to preserve recovery, flash this zip right after every ROM flash.
22. Finally, reboot, be patient, you shouldn't get any bootloop.
If you already have CWM, TWRP or any custom recovery installed
1. Simply flash this recovery with install zip option.