Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 53,141 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[c190x] [CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Tip us?

JustArchi
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 20512

DONATE TO ME
Default [c190x] [CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download

Warning! PhilZ recovery is currently in ALPHA stage for Xperia M. Some features may be broken!

Known bugs:
- Half-broken touch (you can use touch, however not select anything) - use hardware keys like in non-touch CWM recovery
- Broken navigation bar
- You tell me

XDA:DevDB Information
[c190x] [CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch, Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia M

Contributors
JustArchi

Version Information

Created 2014-07-05
Last Updated 2014-07-05
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JustArchi
Old
(Last edited by JustArchi; 5th July 2014 at 05:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 20512

DONATE TO ME
Flashing and updating instructions

If you have pure untouched stock
Before you begin: Make sure that you have the ROM you want in .zip format and this recovery in .zip format on your external sd card. If you don't have one, on your internal.

1. Install Towelroot APK.
2. Launch it, click on magic button, bah, you're now rooted.
3. Make a backup of your TA partition using i.e. Backup TA. DON'T SKIP THIS STEP, or you will lose your warranty forever. You need root for this step, so don't try it without 1 and 2.
4. Get familiar with fastboot.
5. Turn off your device.
6. Hold Vol-up button, don't release it.
7. Plug your phone to your PC, while you're holding Vol-up.
8. It won't boot (black screen) but LED should indicate that device is turned on.
9. Execute fastboot -i 0x0fce getvar version. Use fastboot.exe instead of fastboot if you're on windows, do the same for all fastboot commands, you should already know it.
10. If you got return value, such as "0.5", you did everything correctly, congratulations! If you did not get return value, don't go further until you get it, because your fastboot connection doesn't work.
11. Get bootloader unlock code from Sony here. You can view your IMEI with *#06# code if you need it.
12. Unlock bootloader with fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xCODE where CODE is the code from Sony. I.e. if you got "ABCD0011" code on your e-mail, execute fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xABCD0011
13. You should get response like "Okay".
14. Extract boot.img file from the zip you downloaded from this thread. Put in the same directory as fastboot.
15. Flash boot.img with fastboot flash boot boot.img.
16. Execute fastboot reboot to reboot.
17. Wait for your device to turn on, then immediately after you see that your led changed color to pink, start clicking Vol-Up button repeatedly. Stop when you see that your led changed it's color to blue.
18. If you did everything correctly, you should have booted custom recovery right now.
19. Enter "mounts & storage", and format: /system /cache /data. If you don't have anything important on your internal sd card, I strongly suggest to format /data and /data/media as well.
20. Flash any ROM you want
21. Remember that your ROM will overwrite your recovery (kernel), so if you want to preserve recovery, flash this zip right after every ROM flash.
22. Finally, reboot, be patient, you shouldn't get any bootloop.

If you already have CWM, TWRP or any custom recovery installed
1. Simply flash this recovery with install zip option.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bugggmenot
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I'm using CM11 (Free Xperia) with CWM Recovery , is it possible to install this recovery on the current? would it be possible to make any kernel related issues? (phone not booting up and else).

JustArchi
Old
Thanks Meter 20512

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugggmenot View Post
I'm using CM11 (Free Xperia) with CWM Recovery , is it possible to install this recovery on the current? would it be possible to make any kernel related issues? (phone not booting up and else).
This kernel has been only tested on my private ArchiDroid 2.X build (not public yet), but it's based on FreeXperia sources so it should be compatible with all CM11 ROMs that don't need any kernel-ramdisk-based changes, including your CM11.

In case of issues you can always reflash, as this recovery boots and works properly, apart from some functions we're currently fixing with Phil.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

icoolguy1995
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1191

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustArchi View Post
This kernel has been only tested on my private ArchiDroid 2.X build (not public yet), but it's based on FreeXperia sources so it should be compatible with all CM11 ROMs that don't need any kernel-ramdisk-based changes, including your CM11.

In case of issues you can always reflash, as this recovery boots and works properly, apart from some functions we're currently fixing with Phil.
I also tried to build Philz and was succeeded, but it has same issue. I contacted Philz he told to me to enable Axis parameter in BoardConfig.mk but still the same. What you think, why this issue is caused? Due to faulty Touch screen events?
Devices which I supports
╬ Sony xperia M ╬ Sony xperia E ╬

My Works
Code:
Error not found
If you like my work consider a donation, or else hit the thanks button.

JustArchi
Old
Thanks Meter 20512

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by icoolguy1995 View Post
I also tried to build Philz and was succeeded, but it has same issue. I contacted Philz he told to me to enable Axis parameter in BoardConfig.mk but still the same. What you think, why this issue is caused? Due to faulty Touch screen events?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=4745
The Following User Says Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

itsnie
Old
(Last edited by itsnie; 8th July 2014 at 07:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Failed to download ..
Can u give me mirror link like dev-host, mediafire, etc?

Edit: ok now fix

Edit again: i get bootloop, after flashing your phill touch -_-

JustArchi
Old
Thanks Meter 20512

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnie View Post
Failed to download ..
Can u give me mirror link like dev-host, mediafire, etc?

Edit: ok now fix

Edit again: i get bootloop, after flashing your phill touch -_-
Why you shouldn't get bootloop? It's only for CM11.