Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,481 Members 54,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

JB 4.3 vs KitKat 4.4.2

Tip us?

starterz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question JB 4.3 vs KitKat 4.4.2

Hello everyone,

Since there is still no proper root and recovery for the M2 on KitKat, would someone who has upgraded from JB to KitKat be able to write their experience with KitKat so far? Are there enough KitKat advantages over JB 4.3 in order to upgrade while losing root? Is it maybe better to wait until a proper root and recovery is available?

Thanks and all best.
[Device] Xperia M2, stock JB
[Status] Rooted, xposed
The Following User Says Thank You to starterz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dotzi75
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I have root with kitkat! It is much more better than JB!

Sent from my D2303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Phone : XPERIA M2 D2303
Firmware : Android 4.4.2
Root Status : Rooted
Bootloader Status : Unlocked
Kernel : Stock
ROM :18.3.C.0.39

wrtease5865
Old
Thanks Meter 4
how did you get root ,is your bootloader unlocked.i have root without it unlocked .this is weird i got a update telling me to update so i did it and now i have a d2306.which is not my model ,my model is d2303 .and still have root without bootloader unlocked .

Crim Soukyuu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
According to the AOSP sources, KitKat finally fixes the A2DP bitpool being way too low (320kbps vs 229 on 4.3 and below), so if you want to use a BT headset, it's worth considering. On the other hand apps lose the right to write to SD card with KitKat, which you cannot fix without root, and root seems to be impossible with a locked bootloader.

wrtease5865
Old
Thanks Meter 4
yes it can be done .root can be done on kitkat .i had jb 4.3 uk,then i had kk rusian ,then decided to falsh back to 4.3 but i flashed wrong country and had brazil jb4.3 then used toewlroot then superuser then whent to about and checked for updates and got the brazil kk update,i was thinking it was uk ,so i let it run and when finished i had d2306,insead of d2303 which is my model and have still got root just need a cwm recovery and am ready to backup all .my story .

tandrcak90
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is the camera really better on kitkat?

ishakcez
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Please Share d2303 4.4.2 root
-I'am killuminati member.Respect 2pac-

ripp2003
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrtease5865 View Post
yes it can be done .root can be done on kitkat .i had jb 4.3 uk,then i had kk rusian ,then decided to falsh back to 4.3 but i flashed wrong country and had brazil jb4.3 then used toewlroot then superuser then whent to about and checked for updates and got the brazil kk update,i was thinking it was uk ,so i let it run and when finished i had d2306,insead of d2303 which is my model and have still got root just need a cwm recovery and am ready to backup all .my story .
root ok but do you have system partition mounted r/w ? I think no.... you have kk routed to 50%
Sony Xperia M2 KK
Unlocked bootloader / Root / xposed / foldermount / RIC disable thanks Naufal Sidik

wrtease5865
Old
Thanks Meter 4
okay how would i check what app

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

yes cant r/w system but have root up to a point as you say but this is okay as ive not unlocked my bootloader .better than none .

peter-k
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Root is important to remove all the plunder on stock ROM.
"I don't think we need comments/discussions on rules/guidelines."