Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

proxymity sensor problem

Tip us?

molnartibor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default proxymity sensor problem

Hi, I have noticed a problem on my M2: during call the display is turning on and off and i am pressing the display with my ears. when i have tried to put my finger on the sensor, the screen went black, but placing my finger a few millimetres over the sensor turned it on again. i have also noticed a strange faint pulsing red light coming out of the proxymity sensor during call.

do you think its a hw problem, or is it something what may be fixed via an update?
Sony Ericsson MT15i Xperia Neo | LegacyXperia CyanogenMod 11 (4.4.2) | 3.4 kernel by nAa
Huawei MediaPad | CyanogenMod 10.2 (4.3.1)

artazael
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Talking How to fix proximity sensor bug on xm2

Quote:
Originally Posted by molnartibor View Post
Hi, I have noticed a problem on my M2: during call the display is turning on and off and i am pressing the display with my ears. when i have tried to put my finger on the sensor, the screen went black, but placing my finger a few millimetres over the sensor turned it on again. i have also noticed a strange faint pulsing red light coming out of the proxymity sensor during call.

do you think its a hw problem, or is it something what may be fixed via an update?
Hi, I had the same problem with you before.

then I fixed it, by doing this following steps :
1. Removing the screen protector(was not the default one you sometimes get with the phone), just check you donít lose your warranty

and then, this is the stupid ( but magic ) steps:

2. Switch off the phone
3. Press firmly on the entire top of the phone for about 3-4seconds (top part of the screen, left side from your speaker)
4. Switch back on
5. Once started up, press again on the top part of the screen.
6. Finally you can try to dial *#*#7378423#*#* for check your Proximity Sensor is ON or OFF.

source: sony talk forum *sorry I can't link it, because I'm newbie*