Carbon rom on LWW stuck on boot screen.

OP zestken

8th July 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Hi everyone, I'm quite a noob when it comes to rooting and installing rom. I've a Sony LWW running CWM-based Recovery v.6.0.2.8 with CM 4.1.2.
Kernel version is. 2.6.32.9-FXP.

I was intalling the rom from this thread " [ROM][AOSP][UNOFFICIAL] CarbonRom KitKat [ Mini/Mini Pro/Active/LWW ][25-05-2014]" Coconut version.

I did a clean wipe before install but getting stuck on the Carbon Boot screen. What am I doing wrong?

Please help.

Thank you.
10th July 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 138

210 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zestken

Hi everyone, I'm quite a noob when it comes to rooting and installing rom. I've a Sony LWW running CWM-based Recovery v.6.0.2.8 with CM 4.1.2.
Kernel version is. 2.6.32.9-FXP.

I was intalling the rom from this thread " [ROM][AOSP][UNOFFICIAL] CarbonRom KitKat [ Mini/Mini Pro/Active/LWW ][25-05-2014]" Coconut version.

I did a clean wipe before install but getting stuck on the Carbon Boot screen. What am I doing wrong?

Please help.

Thank you.

There is one person named GOOGLE who can answer all of ur questions
& also there is seperate Q&A thread for it
GOOGLE it
The Following User Says Thank You to Swapnil Kadlag For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #3  
Flag !ncredible !ndia
Thanks Meter: 526

325 posts
More
Did you flash kernel from the zip before flashing the ROM? And if yes then did you format /system, /data and /cache? Since you're coming from old partition table, formatting the above is necessary.

Edit: Please post your questions in Q&A section.
Sent from my Xperia Mini using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to sud.vastav For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Thumbs up Resolved
Quote:
Originally Posted by sud.vastav

Did you flash kernel from the zip before flashing the ROM? And if yes then did you format /system, /data and /cache? Since you're coming from old partition table, formatting the above is necessary.

Edit: Please post your questions in Q&A section.
Sent from my Xperia Mini using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks it was the kernel indeed. I flashed my phone with the kernel and it worked. Sorry for the bother.

@Swapnil Kadlag ... Guess I didn't google that enough. Yesterday I did and got the solution. Thanks too.
The Following User Says Thank You to zestken For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread