Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 44,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Continuous reboot on Xperia logo

Tip us?
 
mag3nta
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default [Q] Continuous reboot on Xperia logo

Hello,
My Xperia Mini started to reboot continuously and the only way to stop it is to remove battery. I think this have something common with battery, because after this happened battery charges very slow (about 5% per hour) but when I plug the charge cable it works fine.
I tryed to flash another rom and kernel but this doesn't helped.
Before that happened it was another issue, when I was turning on the phone battery sometimes was showing 100% (after restart it was fine).
I have unlocked bootloader and root.
When this reboots started I was staying under the sun, can it be caused by overheat? Does anybody know how to solve this problem?
Thanks.
 
fundre
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 115
Posts: 360
Join Date: Dec 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
This continuous reboot is called bootloop. You may have installed an incompatible mod before or well, something just happened. This should not have anything in common with battery. Reflash your choice of rom then wipe dalvik cache. If still doesn't work, wipe data.
 
mag3nta
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fundre View Post
This continuous reboot is called bootloop. You may have installed an incompatible mod before or well, something just happened. This should not have anything in common with battery. Reflash your choice of rom then wipe dalvik cache. If still doesn't work, wipe data.
I already flashed another rom with kernel (inlcusive stock) and wiped dalvik cache, also made a hard reset and formatted the flash card but still no luck . I think is caused by bad battery becase when is plugged it works fine, it's like battery doesn't charge anymore (it doesn't get warm) and always shows 100%. I will try to replace it and say the result.
 
romikavinda
Old
(Last edited by romikavinda; 10th July 2014 at 03:49 PM.)
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Colombo

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag3nta View Post
Hello,
My Xperia Mini started to reboot continuously and the only way to stop it is to remove battery. I think this have something common with battery, because after this happened battery charges very slow (about 5% per hour) but when I plug the charge cable it works fine.
I tryed to flash another rom and kernel but this doesn't helped.
Before that happened it was another issue, when I was turning on the phone battery sometimes was showing 100% (after restart it was fine).
I have unlocked bootloader and root.
When this reboots started I was staying under the sun, can it be caused by overheat? Does anybody know how to solve this problem?
Thanks.
hi,
I had the same problem with my mini pro.... the problem was a faulty battery.... maybe its the same for you... (here I'm referring only to the 100% battery problem... not the bootloop)
 
Swapnil Kadlag
Old
#5  
Swapnil Kadlag's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 182
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by romikavinda View Post
hi,
I had the same problem with my mini pro.... the problem was a faulty battery.... maybe its the same for you...
If there is problem in battery then phone wont even boot to get in bootloop
& BTW GOOGLE is solution go there
Thanks is deserved if it Helped u
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes