[Q] Xperia Pro issue - mounting external sd best kernel + rom

Search This thread

XperiaPro55

Aug 17, 2012
Hi guys,
sorry for cross-posting (http://xdaforums.com/xperia-neo/help/xperia-pro-issue-mount-sd-ext-t2826503) but
my phone is becoming unstable because of very low free space/memory available
and did not receive answers.

Thank you very much!

Hi eXperts,
last month I flashed the great Ultimate HD rom, so stable and now my wonderful Xperia pro is much faster

Before to do that anyway I used Mount2SD app to get my external sd mounted and solve, in this way,
common issue about "memory unavailable" and similars when I tried to add or update an app.

Now , Mount2SD is no more working, with no log entries, even if detailed debug verbose is enabled; first
I was thinking there is issue with Init.d support... But it sounds strange because before UHD I used the original stock rom by sony,
rooted of course, and furthermore I checked with a tool (embedded inside universal Init.d) and it shows me that Init.d support
is green and working....

So, looking beyond, my question is how to definitively solve this issue, changing kernel or something else
and give my phone support to mounting external sd native. Which kernel may I flash ? Working together with UHD?
Fast?
My phone is mk16i and must keep physical keyboard working, cwm, rooted.
Will this operation break my current configuration in terms of installed apps and so on?

My Xperia pro is unlocked bootloader.

Thank you very much in advance!!

XperiaPro55

Aug 17, 2012
Hi guys,
sorry for cross-posting (http://xdaforums.com/xperia-neo/help/xperia-pro-issue-mount-sd-ext-t2826503) but
my phone is becoming unstable because of very low free space/memory available
and did not receive answers.

Thank you very much!

Hi guys, no one could support ? Are all the guru on vacation :crying::crying:?

I am trying to understand which kernel is currently updated and if it's ok for my phone but I still get no success!

Help me please!

Thanks!!

Grof87

May 29, 2013
Hi guys, no one could support ? Are all the guru on vacation :crying::crying:?

I am trying to understand which kernel is currently updated and if it's ok for my phone but I still get no success!

Help me please!

Thanks!!

1. Try flashing stock GB/ICS
2. Try using a different sd card

That's basically all you can do. If you're doing everything right (flashing and wiping accordingly) and it still doesn't work, it's definitely a hardware problem. Then you'll need to pin point what is causing the problem.As I recall you said that your sd card works properly? Can you can copy/move stuff from and to it, view all the media you have on it without problems?

Last edited:

XperiaPro55

Aug 17, 2012
1. Try flashing stock GB/ICS
2. Try using a different sd card

That's basically all you can do. If you're doing everything right (flashing and wiping accordingly) and it still doesn't work, it's definitely a hardware problem. Then you'll need to pin point what is causing the problem.As I recall you said that your sd card works properly? Can you can copy/move stuff from and to it, view all the media you have on it without problems?

Hi Grof,

flashing stock GB/ICS does not help. I use stock kernel since the beginning... and no stock kernel
is able to mount sd-ext file system in order to use sd as a natural extension of internal memory.

As I wrote in the beginning I already reached out result I want, using Mount2Sd with stock kernel but now
I want to solve with a new full featured and modded kernel that embeds useful functionality just like CWM and
of course internal memory extension using sd-ext filesystem..

That's the point.

My sd card is perfect, nothing to complain and working like a charm! I "only" need the first part.

Regards

Grof87

May 29, 2013
If I get what you are saying, you just want someone to recommend you a custom kernel that has sd-ext support? Have you tried the latest LX CM11 ROM and kernel? Almost all custom kernels support ext4, it's just a matter of preference.
Sorry if I missed your point, hope I haven't misunderstood you.

Reactions: XperiaPro55

XperiaPro55

Aug 17, 2012
If I get what you are saying, you just want someone to recommend you a custom kernel that has sd-ext support? Have you tried the latest LX CM11 ROM and kernel? Almost all custom kernels support ext4, it's just a matter of preference.

Great! That's the point :good:

Now, I did not try LX CM11 ROM because I did not know which was the best ROM and Kernel for my mk16i and so
reading different threads I decided to install Ultimate HD ROM.

That's a good ROM but I did not know which kernel associate because it was not indicated in its dedicated thread
and furthermore, mk16i is a really specific smartphone with physical keyboard so I did not want to loose some important feature.

I will try to look at LX CM11 ROM but are you able to suggest a good kernel for my current ROM ?
I am honest, if possible I would not want to install all apps from the beginning... but if the reward is sensible, well I will do!

Thanks

Grof87

May 29, 2013
Great! That's the point :good:

Now, I did not try LX CM11 ROM because I did not know which was the best ROM and Kernel for my mk16i and so
reading different threads I decided to install Ultimate HD ROM.

That's a good ROM but I did not know which kernel associate because it was not indicated in its dedicated thread
and furthermore, mk16i is a really specific smartphone with physical keyboard so I did not want to loose some important feature.

I will try to look at LX CM11 ROM but are you able to suggest a good kernel for my current ROM ?
I am honest, if possible I would not want to install all apps from the beginning... but if the reward is sensible, well I will do!

Thanks

Asking for and suggesting best kernel/ROM is not allowed on xda.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1969555

You'll just have to test them out yourself. You should check UHD ROM thread to see which kernels are compatible with that ROM. All CM ROMs have kernels inside the zip (boot.img). Hope you'll find what you are looking for!

XperiaPro55

Aug 17, 2012
Asking for and suggesting best kernel/ROM is not allowed on xda.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1969555

You'll just have to test them out yourself. You should check UHD ROM thread to see which kernels are compatible with that ROM. All CM ROMs have kernels inside the zip (boot.img). Hope you'll find what you are looking for!

Hi, I know the rules.

I am asking if you can help me understand which ROM is ready for UHD cause, of course, I already read the post and found
different suggestions but regarding other models. That's the point, because Xperia Pro is a particular phone with physical keyboard for e.g.
and also looking at different kernels inside its dedicated thread I was not able to understand which kernel is already developed
and patched on ICS and there is features matrix.

Finally I need to know if, installing selected kernel, I will loose something or not

I am not interested and I am not asking "which is the best rom for my phone ?"

Bye

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.