Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

[Q] Xperia Pro unable to flash + bricked

OP fedcas

15th August 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi everyone,
i bought a second hand Xperia Pro which came wih Lupus Kernel and Ultimate HD rom. Now I wanted to try the stock firmware for comparison but i can't flash it.

I've followed several guides and searched on the forum with no luck. what i've done is basically

- installed flashtool, latest version
- downloaded the stock firmware and put the .tft in the firmware folder
- open the driver installer from the driver folder in flashtool and selecting fastboot, flashmode and xperia pro drivers to install
- click on the flash icon, select the correct firmware, click flash
- when the window with the animation asks for it i press and hold the volume down button and attach the usb cable. I keep pressing the button and the lupus logo appears, then nothing happen and the window with the usb cable animation goes on

i've tried several times and also on different computers... and... to get thing worse, i've just bricked my xperia :s after several attempts, a menu apeared on the display (i have no idea why, i must have done something different from the previous attempts) i think it was called lupus cwm. One of the options was about wiping the phone... i've tried with that one, then he asked me "Root access is missing. Root Device? This cannot be undone" and I choosed yes... not very wise to choose yes or no when you don't know what you are talking aobut, i know

So basically if i try to turn the phone freezes on the lupus logo and i have to pull the battery out. And, no need to say it, nothing has changed when it comes to trying to flash it with flashtool

any help will be much appreciated, i really don't know what else i could try now...
Last edited by fedcas; 15th August 2014 at 04:30 AM.
15th August 2014, 09:00 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,188

3,228 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedcas

Hi everyone,
i bought a second hand Xperia Pro which came wih Lupus Kernel and Ultimate HD rom. Now I wanted to try the stock firmware for comparison but i can't flash it.

I've followed several guides and searched on the forum with no luck. what i've done is basically

- installed flashtool, latest version
- downloaded the stock firmware and put the .tft in the firmware folder
- open the driver installer from the driver folder in flashtool and selecting fastboot, flashmode and xperia pro drivers to install
- click on the flash icon, select the correct firmware, click flash
- when the window with the animation asks for it i press and hold the volume down button and attach the usb cable. I keep pressing the button and the lupus logo appears, then nothing happen and the window with the usb cable animation goes on

i've tried several times and also on different computers... and... to get thing worse, i've just bricked my xperia :s after several attempts, a menu apeared on the display (i have no idea why, i must have done something different from the previous attempts) i think it was called lupus cwm. One of the options was about wiping the phone... i've tried with that one, then he asked me "Root access is missing. Root Device? This cannot be undone" and I choosed yes... not very wise to choose yes or no when you don't know what you are talking aobut, i know

So basically if i try to turn the phone freezes on the lupus logo and i have to pull the battery out. And, no need to say it, nothing has changed when it comes to trying to flash it with flashtool

any help will be much appreciated, i really don't know what else i could try now...

You did all the steps to flash the stock firmware ftf like it should be done! Please try to take off the battery, wait a few seconds, reinsert it and press and hold volume down while connecting the usb. A green led should light up and it should start flashing
15th August 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihahn

You did all the steps to flash the stock firmware ftf like it should be done! Please try to take off the battery, wait a few seconds, reinsert it and press and hold volume down while connecting the usb. A green led should light up and it should start flashing

thanks for your help. I've tried removing the battery but it's just the same. A blue led, not green, turns on for a couple of seconds on my xperia pro... i've recorded a short video so you can check that i'm doing everything properly...

OUCH i can't insert links :s youtube .com/ watch?v=_hIZMn9HrlA

so you think it's not a problem if i have bricked the phone wiping off the firmware? the flashing procedure should work the same?
16th August 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
MUAHHAHA got it!!! my phone is finally flashed! i was just pressing the wrong button :s even if all the guides specific for xperia pro were saying to pross the volume down button, i had to press the BACK button! and the led did turn on green indeed, as you were saying

just another question: what happened when that CWM menu asked me "Root access is missing. Root Device? This cannot be undone" and I choosed yes? does that mean i rooted the phone? and is it stil rooted or it's been overwritten by the original firmware i have just flashed?

thanks
16th August 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,188

3,228 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedcas

MUAHHAHA got it!!! my phone is finally flashed! i was just pressing the wrong button :s even if all the guides specific for xperia pro were saying to pross the volume down button, i had to press the BACK button! and the led did turn on green indeed, as you were saying

just another question: what happened when that CWM menu asked me "Root access is missing. Root Device? This cannot be undone" and I choosed yes? does that mean i rooted the phone? and is it stil rooted or it's been overwritten by the original firmware i have just flashed?

thanks

I'm sorry, I forgot the thing about the back button instead of volume down, too

If you have an unlocked bootloader, your phone normally should automatically be rooted when you flash a custom kernel as (nearly) all kernels for our devices include this feature. But as you have flashed the stock firmware now, all was overwritten and you have to flash another custom kernel to get cwm back
16th August 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
ok, thanks a lot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread