Easily Toggles Your Lollipop Mobile Data Network Type

Android Lollipop is by good margin the most advanced and refinedversion of … more

Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] NeoV CarbonRom issue please help

OP Sarriman

1st September 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Hello everybody!
I am a reader of your site for quite some time and i have found what i need more than enough times. But this time i need your help.
So, i have Xperia NeoV (MT11i) and i have done the following:
Rooted
Unlocked Bootloader
Installed CWM
Installed SuperFusion Kernel
and flashed CarbonRom ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2570921 )
All seems to be working fine but when the C logo apperas the dots under it just keep going back and forth (loading) for no matter how long i am leaving the cellphone at this state.
Did i do something wrong?
Am i missing something?

Thank you in advance!

P.S @Moderators This is my first topic so any corrections about where it should been or not are very welcomed. I have also done my search to the forum and didnt find something to help me so thats why i am asking in a new post.
Last edited by Sarriman; 1st September 2014 at 02:17 AM.
1st September 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #2  
milanjm's Avatar
Senior Member
Dark side of the matrix
Thanks Meter: 388
 
801 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarriman

Hello everybody!
I am a reader of your site for quite some time and i have found what i need more than enough times. But this time i need your help.
So, i have Xperia NeoV (MT11i) and i have done the following:
Rooted
Unlocked Bootloader
Installed CWM
Installed SuperFusion Kernel
and flashed CarbonRom ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2570921 )
All seems to be working fine but when the C logo apperas the dots under it just keep going back and forth (loading) for no matter how long i am leaving the cellphone at this state.
Did i do something wrong?
Am i missing something?

Thank you in advance!

P.S @Moderators This is my first topic so any corrections about where it should been or not are very welcomed. I have also done my search to the forum and didnt find something to help me so thats why i am asking in a new post.

Install the kernel inside the zip file. Super fusion is not a kitkat kernel
1st September 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by milanjm

Install the kernel inside the zip file. Super fusion is not a kitkat kernel

Ok! Thanks man!
2nd September 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Ok here is another pair of problems.

I successfully installed CARBON-KK-NIGHTLY-20140710-2001-haida on NeoV with DarkKernel CM11.0 but i had no sound.
After flashing back to CARBON-KK-NIGHTLY-20140525-1249-haida sound is working fine but the WiFi is not even going "active" mode.

Sorry if i am asking noob questions, and thanks for help!
2nd September 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #5  
milanjm's Avatar
Senior Member
Dark side of the matrix
Thanks Meter: 388
 
801 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarriman

Ok here is another pair of problems.

I successfully installed CARBON-KK-NIGHTLY-20140710-2001-haida on NeoV with DarkKernel CM11.0 but i had no sound.
After flashing back to CARBON-KK-NIGHTLY-20140525-1249-haida sound is working fine but the WiFi is not even going "active" mode.

Sorry if i am asking noob questions, and thanks for help!

If I'm not wrong, latest dark kernel is ION kernel and Carbon uses PMEM kernel.

Again, use the kernel inside the zip (unless you're really sure of compatibility), it's the only one that ensures that everything will work fine
3rd September 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
"not even a clue i had, that thus ROM.zip had kernel in its heart"

Sorry for asking all this noob question but i am entering "hardcorly" this hole area of cellphones the past days and i am starting from the zero.
Any noob-guides around to find out alone all those differences and acronyms around? Cause really man, this "If I'm not wrong, latest dark kernel is ION kernel and Carbon uses PMEM kernel." sound like barking too my nooby ears!

With all the respect and gratitude!

I also experienced so far (2-3 days) URBAN battery drain out... About half an hour ago i had around 30% (which got there from 100% in 3 and a half hours) and once i tried to make a call battery drop from 30 to 0 percentage and the cell went dead...I hope it was the kernel's malfunction!
4th September 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #7  
milanjm's Avatar
Senior Member
Dark side of the matrix
Thanks Meter: 388
 
801 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarriman

"not even a clue i had, that thus ROM.zip had kernel in its heart"

Sorry for asking all this noob question but i am entering "hardcorly" this hole area of cellphones the past days and i am starting from the zero.
Any noob-guides around to find out alone all those differences and acronyms around? Cause really man, this "If I'm not wrong, latest dark kernel is ION kernel and Carbon uses PMEM kernel." sound like barking too my nooby ears!

With all the respect and gratitude!

I also experienced so far (2-3 days) URBAN battery drain out... About half an hour ago i had around 30% (which got there from 100% in 3 and a half hours) and once i tried to make a call battery drop from 30 to 0 percentage and the cell went dead...I hope it was the kernel's malfunction!

Kernel is the "boot.img" file inside the ROM.zip file

For a good acronym explanation, better use Google. But as a general rule, use always the kernel inside the ROM.zip file. Note that the ROM has been compiled with this kernel. So it's the only one that ensures you that everything will work


Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes