[Q&A] [ROM][5.0.2] Unofficial Candy5 1.5.2 Haida

Search This thread

SMI1729

Mar 3, 2013
SuperSU and Navigation Bar enabled On Candy5 Lollipop!

Hello Guys!

Candy5 is an excellent ROM for our Neo V. Here's some improvement you can make with this Rom.
1. For those who need SuperSU, please install the attached file via CM12 recovery. No need to wipe anything, please just install it via "Update Zip" facility.

2. To Enable Navigation Bar:
i. It requires SuperSU permission. So, if you're done with SuperSU, Go ahead to enable the Navigation Bar.
ii. Once installed SuperSU, install any build.prop editor from Play Store.
iii. Add the following command at the end of your build.prop file (Without quotes):
"qemu.hw.mainkeys=0"
iv. Once added, Reboot your phone. You'll find the Navigation bar as seen in the attached screenshot...

Have a Nice Day all!:good::good::good:

Attachments

• BETA-SuperSU-v2.48.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: velsurya88

CygnusHyoga

Nov 20, 2012
Hello Guys!

Candy5 is an excellent ROM for our Neo V. Here's some improvement you can make with this Rom.
1. For those who need SuperSU, please install the attached file via CM12 recovery. No need to wipe anything, please just install it via "Update Zip" facility.

i. It requires SuperSU permission. So, if you're done with SuperSU, Go ahead to enable the Navigation Bar.
iii. Add the following command at the end of your build.prop file (Without quotes):
"qemu.hw.mainkeys=0"
iv. Once added, Reboot your phone. You'll find the Navigation bar as seen in the attached screenshot...

1. SuperSU doesnt need at all :p
Just open Developer Option - Root access and enable it (mine Apps & ADB)

2. About OSB Navbar, some people like me are too lazy to dec-recompile to resize it :p

Last edited:

Sreekar5799

Apr 9, 2015
Good ROM BUT REAL SLOW!!!

Don't know why... installed it and right from the setup...it stuck a lot of times....so removed it and downgraded to 4.4.4

Anyone faced same issue???
PLEASE REPLY>>>

Any Help would be greatly appreciated...

Harshad24

Jul 2, 2013
Kalyan
12 hours Usage of ROM..

Installed the ROM. Using it for last 12 hours.. here is what i felt..
> The looks are the best one could compared to other custom ROM's and other Android versions..
> I think the transition effects are too much for xperia neo v cause it cannot handle them smoothly..
> I don't know if it's the problem just with me, The Phone has become very laggy.. Is it the ROM or because of the Apps I've installed ??
I have allotted 3 GB EXT4 memory and installed 18 Apps and moved all apps to SD Card Via Titanium Backup, Can anybody comment what's cause of laggness ?
> Charging is taking a lot of time than usual..
> the notification bar is not completely coming down.

A Big thank you to @ƒεηιx @Men_in_black007 @Saatvik Shukla @mikeioannina @TechExhibeo @hafeez90

The ROM is ofcourse a beauty ! and thank you for bringing to 2011 xperia devices.. Those above were my thoughts.. No intention of judging your hard work ! just Hats off !!

Cheers :)

Reactions: deccan451

proublot

Jan 6, 2012
Cherbourg
Xperia neo camera patch

Hello, I managed well to put on Neo V under Unofficial Candy5 1.5.2 Haida but impossible to apply " Xperia neo camera patch " what makes that the camera does not work.
Have you a solution to this problem ?

Pascal

TEODORro

Apr 15, 2015
gapps ... link it's not working

Sir i have a problem with the gapps ...
my browser can't acces the page

srry for my english .....

Harshad24

Jul 2, 2013
Kalyan
Gapps

Can anybody tell how to install only playstore, framework and account manager instead of flashing Gapps..
because Gappps are making thr phone laggy.. so if anyboby could please enlighten me on this..

Thank you :D

sag180

Dec 30, 2013
i try this rom.
good looking rom but very slow on my phone.
after some days i install official ics rom

blacXvenom

Jul 12, 2013
Bandung

proublot

Jan 6, 2012
Cherbourg
Last edited:
Reactions: blacXvenom

QamarZ

Feb 22, 2014
Unable to see home screen on haida

Hi Guys,

I've tried following steps on my haida device:
1. flash system formating tool
2. wipe data/cache
3. flash rom
4. reboot

and over > 1 hour watching dots

can somebody with haida device reply on this? Or can point me what I'm doing wrong?

I patitioned SD card ext4 with 2GB and tried rebooting bootloader from CM recoveries.. nothing working and I'm stuck :(

Thanks,
QamarZ

P.S.: I"m using 8GB class 10 card ex4 and have partioned with 2GB and 256MB swap.

ƒεηιx

Dec 17, 2012
Xda Devlopers
Hi Guys,

I've tried following steps on my haida device:
1. flash system formating tool
2. wipe data/cache
3. flash rom
4. reboot

and over > 1 hour watching dots

can somebody with haida device reply on this? Or can point me what I'm doing wrong?

I patitioned SD card ext4 with 2GB and tried rebooting bootloader from CM recoveries.. nothing working and I'm stuck :(

Thanks,
QamarZ

P.S.: I"m using 8GB class 10 card ex4 and have partioned with 2GB and 256MB swap.

Have you flash the kernel inside of ROM zip

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys!

"qemu.hw.mainkeys=0"

1. SuperSU doesnt need at all :p
    Just open Developer Option - Root access and enable it (mine Apps & ADB)

2. About OSB Navbar, some people like me are too lazy to dec-recompile to resize it :p
    can not flash the gapps, it says ..
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted
    Use Mike LX Gapps
    Hai dev,thanks for your rom.
    I just want to ask you,are your rom no need a second primary partition on your SD card to be used as the /data partition like the other CM12 rom for haida.
    Three times i try to flash your rom but never lucky.i flash with correct instruction like you say in the OP but my phone aleways stuck in bootanimation for very very very long time.its around one hour even till my phone dead because my battery power is end.
    Please help me

Sorry for my bad english.thanks
    U need Fat32 on primary and Ext4 partition 2GB at least on secondary
    the same problem as mine :( i think the problem is in the system formatting tool , plz how to use it

Unlock bootloader first (see on my signature for how-to)
    Download ROM and extract it. Copy the boot.img and flash it using fastboot
    Go to CM Recovery
    Apply System Partition Tools - Wipe everything - Flash ROM - REBOOT - Setup the ROM until finish (5 minutes more. Mine 10 minutes to boot) - Go to CM recovery again and flash Gapps - Reboot
    can not flash the gapps, it says ..
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted

wait i think problem with gapps package flash the gapps package from here i am updating my thread with working gapps package.
    http://downloads.gapinski.eu/lxaosp/gapps/

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Awesome ROM. I followed all the instructions, but I could not install GApps. I tried using all downloads of the post.
    Haida with .ext4 partition 2,5GB SanDisk c10.

Install failed
    E: Cannot load volume /misc!
    E: footer is wrong
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.
    E: Canntor load volume /misc!

UPDATE:
    Resolved. Only managed to install gapps starting PA Modular Pico (Uni - 39 MB). http://goo.gl/0ZVjx2

thanks for the info i am updating my thread with working gapps package :)
    Have you got patch for neo camera?

http://d-h.st/kCi will work over all neo v roms .. u can try all neo v roms by this camera patch :good:
    Tried 2.5.3 but fails with "unfortunately, system UI has stopped".
    Thus I went back to 2.5.0.
    I have a 4GB partition on my SD. Could it be too big?

Note: I also had this system UI stopped running 2.5.0 but it was after I installed 8 apk (backup reinstalled) in a row. I went away after reboot.