Extreme lag issues Xperia Pro (Lupus kernel + Ultimate HD ROM)

Search This thread

M_w_B

May 7, 2013
Dalen
Good day all,

I am a proud owner of an Xperia Pro... Or was. I have this phone since 2011 and in order to keep using it I had to perform some major enchangements to keep it going.

The enchangements:

- Lupus stock plus kernel ICS
- Ultimate HD ROM
- Greenify (paid version)
- Link2SD (paid verison) all user apps are on ext2
- I/O = 'SIO'
- Governor = 'LagFree'
- CPU = '1018mhz'

There is no bloatware (removed it with Titanium Backup) on this phone, except for Google Play Services (which Tinder intended me to have in order to make use of it)

Now the issues. The phone is horribly slow sometimes, and has its moments that it reboots itself when it gets just a little heavy. Like, during navigation per bluetooth on car the phone reboots itself sometimes without a clue. Underneath here is a general list of what is wrong with the average usage on daily bases:

- Whatsapp sometimes takes avg 12 seconds to start
- Tinder takes avg 10 sec to start
- Browser (Dolphin) most times takes avg 5 seconds before I can use it.
- RootExplorer takes avg 5 seconds before I can use it.
- Quickpic takes 5 seconds before thumbnails are loaded

Please know that this is not always the issue, but most of the times: it is.
With several software I have tried to find the reason for this ridiculous lag, but I always seem to have enough RAM, internal memory and enough CPU so I don't know what is going on.
I also turned on the options to show ANR's in the background, it usually tells me either Whatsapp or Google Play that became an ANR, sometimes as a follow-up it says SystemUI ANR too.

I can re-flash the ROM and kernel but within a few days I will experience the same sh*t again.

Any other Xperia Pro user experience this? What are my options?

NOTE: I prefer not buying a new phone, in the Netherlands there are no such phones like the Xperia Pro anymore because of fashion reasons.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-16-11-34-02.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-16-11-34-02.png
    183.9 KB · Views: 516
  • Screenshot_2015-10-16-11-35-01.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-16-11-35-01.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 517
  • Screenshot_2015-10-16-11-37-18.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-16-11-37-18.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:

fundre

Dec 10, 2010
I'd like to give opinion on that CPU: the one 2011 Xperias use is severely slow by 2016 standards.

It's a single core 1 GHz CPU, what do you expect? I think it's like the Pentium 4 of phones; it may run new programs albeit really slowly. The internal memory and RAM may still have plenty of space, but its speed is also lacking. Do yourself a favor by saving a couple bucks and get a newer phone for daily use. Check Xiaomi Redmi phones or Moto E, they're great and usually quite cheap :)

P.S: You may get a higher chance of getting a date with a newer phone :p

kilat_kuning90

May 8, 2015
To be honest, its been 5 - 6 years i stick with my Xperia Pro and i proudly say i never encounter any major problems. I dont know much about greenify or link2sd but mine is working alright.

I just using the superjellybean rom one without gapps. For the battery life, i can survive the whole day with medium usage. Theres no any critical Iag on any apps that i use such as (whatsapp, opera mini, tubemate,sync pro) I also disable email exchange service, gmail, google search, keep and search application.

The only annoying that i faced right now is i need to switch physical keyboard (after each bootup) in setting or the visual keyboard will not popout. The keyboard light also always turn on when there is any input while using the phone (without the keyboard slides out). If anyone can help with this i can ensure this rom is in perfection.

sabdelhamid85

Sep 5, 2016
SONY ERICSSON XPERIA PRO MK16i:

Good day all,

I am a proud owner of an Xperia Pro... Or was. I have this phone since 2011 and in order to keep using it I had to perform some major enchangements to keep it going.

The enchangements:

- Lupus stock plus kernel ICS
- Ultimate HD ROM
- Greenify (paid version)
- Link2SD (paid verison) all user apps are on ext2
- I/O = 'SIO'
- Governor = 'LagFree'
- CPU = '1018mhz'

There is no bloatware (removed it with Titanium Backup) on this phone, except for Google Play Services (which Tinder intended me to have in order to make use of it)

Now the issues. The phone is horribly slow sometimes, and has its moments that it reboots itself when it gets just a little heavy. Like, during navigation per bluetooth on car the phone reboots itself sometimes without a clue. Underneath here is a general list of what is wrong with the average usage on daily bases:

- Whatsapp sometimes takes avg 12 seconds to start
- Tinder takes avg 10 sec to start
- Browser (Dolphin) most times takes avg 5 seconds before I can use it.
- RootExplorer takes avg 5 seconds before I can use it.
- Quickpic takes 5 seconds before thumbnails are loaded

Please know that this is not always the issue, but most of the times: it is.
With several software I have tried to find the reason for this ridiculous lag, but I always seem to have enough RAM, internal memory and enough CPU so I don't know what is going on.
I also turned on the options to show ANR's in the background, it usually tells me either Whatsapp or Google Play that became an ANR, sometimes as a follow-up it says SystemUI ANR too.

I can re-flash the ROM and kernel but within a few days I will experience the same sh*t again.

Any other Xperia Pro user experience this? What are my options?

NOTE: I prefer not buying a new phone, in the Netherlands there are no such phones like the Xperia Pro anymore because of fashion reasons.

SONY ERICSSON XPERIA PRO MK16i:
Can it still function normally with e-mail such as Gmail, and other POP3 accounts on Ginger bread?
Or is its OS so out dated it can not function properly or other issues to look out for?

Purchasing the device from welectronics if that makes a difference.

You see I am thinking of purchasing one and would like to know if it worth paying for...I would use it primarily for mail and sending, viewing, light editing pdf, word, and excel documents, and lastly as a back up phone, also as a recording device for lectures at Uni. the only reason I am looking at this device is for the physical slide out keyboard like the old PDA's.

Please let me know