Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,072 Members 47,074 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help me 3G doesnt work in 4.1.2 Xperia Play

Tip us?

javix1997
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] Help me 3G doesnt work in 4.1.2 Xperia Play

hi all
well as the post say i cant use 3g in my xperia play (i am using JB 4.1.2 Super Jelly Bean V1) i don't know why but i only can use EDGE (the letter E in the status bar) so is a rom problem or is my device? because i have other xperia play using firmware .79 stock 2.3.4 and i cant use 3g i have Personal Argentina in all my phones and i have all configured like the apn not work.

i tried the app Tweaker but doesnt work

Help Please

Sorry for my bad english but i am from argentina

@SidDev
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by javix1997 View Post
hi all
well as the post say i cant use 3g in my xperia play (i am using JB 4.1.2 Super Jelly Bean V1) i don't know why but i only can use EDGE (the letter E in the status bar) so is a rom problem or is my device? because i have other xperia play using firmware .79 stock 2.3.4 and i cant use 3g i have Personal Argentina in all my phones and i have all configured like the apn not work.

i tried the app Tweaker but doesnt work

Help Please

Sorry for my bad english but i am from argentina
I hope you are subscribed to 3g network
happy to help you .
The Following User Says Thank You to @SidDev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

javix1997
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by @SidDev View Post
I hope you are subscribed to 3g network
i have pack internet for 30 days i pay for it and doesnt work in my phone but in my father phone (he have Samsung Infuse) all works and he have the same pack

KiraYahiroz
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Where did you buy the phone? Have you checked it supports the 3G frequencies used in your country?
HTC One M7 - Sense 6.0, Android 4.4.3, Stock Kernel - Active
Google Nexus 10 - Android 4.4.4, Stock Kernel - Active
Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY - CyanogenMod 11.0, Android 4.4.4, CM 11.0 Kernel - Semi-Active

javix1997
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYahiroz View Post
Where did you buy the phone? Have you checked it supports the 3G frequencies used in your country?
i bought my phone in december 2013 and yes supports 3g because in other phones i have 3g

javix1997
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i found the solution
i have xperia play r800i (international) and i need r800a (America) but i cant found the firmware
i found 1 firmware but on flashtool is giving an error:

this is my problem in flashtool i press the ray/flash mode/ i select the firmware but dont charge information of the firmware and i dont know why

so its posible change r800i to r800a?

KiraYahiroz
Old
Thanks Meter 65
I asked where and not when . As where the phone came from usually decides which model the phone is.

But as you worked out, you have the wrong model. I don't think it's possible to change the r800i to the r800a as the frequency support is a hardware thing, not a software thing.
HTC One M7 - Sense 6.0, Android 4.4.3, Stock Kernel - Active
Google Nexus 10 - Android 4.4.4, Stock Kernel - Active
Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY - CyanogenMod 11.0, Android 4.4.4, CM 11.0 Kernel - Semi-Active