Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help me 3G doesnt work in 4.1.2 Xperia Play

OP javix1997

22nd August 2014, 02:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
hi all
well as the post say i cant use 3g in my xperia play (i am using JB 4.1.2 Super Jelly Bean V1) i don't know why but i only can use EDGE (the letter E in the status bar) so is a rom problem or is my device? because i have other xperia play using firmware .79 stock 2.3.4 and i cant use 3g i have Personal Argentina in all my phones and i have all configured like the apn not work.

i tried the app Tweaker but doesnt work

Help Please

Sorry for my bad english but i am from argentina
22nd August 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #2  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 243

435 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javix1997

hi all
well as the post say i cant use 3g in my xperia play (i am using JB 4.1.2 Super Jelly Bean V1) i don't know why but i only can use EDGE (the letter E in the status bar) so is a rom problem or is my device? because i have other xperia play using firmware .79 stock 2.3.4 and i cant use 3g i have Personal Argentina in all my phones and i have all configured like the apn not work.

i tried the app Tweaker but doesnt work

Help Please

Sorry for my bad english but i am from argentina

I hope you are subscribed to 3g network
The Following User Says Thank You to @SidDev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by @SidDev

I hope you are subscribed to 3g network

i have pack internet for 30 days i pay for it and doesnt work in my phone but in my father phone (he have Samsung Infuse) all works and he have the same pack
22nd August 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 74

201 posts
More
Where did you buy the phone? Have you checked it supports the 3G frequencies used in your country?
22nd August 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYahiroz

Where did you buy the phone? Have you checked it supports the 3G frequencies used in your country?

i bought my phone in december 2013 and yes supports 3g because in other phones i have 3g
23rd August 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
i found the solution
i have xperia play r800i (international) and i need r800a (America) but i cant found the firmware
i found 1 firmware but on flashtool is giving an error:

this is my problem in flashtool i press the ray/flash mode/ i select the firmware but dont charge information of the firmware and i dont know why

so its posible change r800i to r800a?
24th August 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #7  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 74

201 posts
More
I asked where and not when . As where the phone came from usually decides which model the phone is.

But as you worked out, you have the wrong model. I don't think it's possible to change the r800i to the r800a as the frequency support is a hardware thing, not a software thing.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread