Minecraft control issue

1st September 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
I'm having issues with Minecraft Pocket Edition on my Xperia Play. The problem I'm having is that, both touchpads are controlling movement instead of doing Sneak on the left, and Look on the right. I can't find anything in the settings that would affect this. Has anyone else run into this problem and know how to fix it? Thanks!
2nd September 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 65

186 posts
More
Bad news... : http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/co...teaser/ciorl15

Quote:

We don't really support Xperia play anymore, from our last data there were less than 2000 players using it! They are surely a really vocal minority, but still the Xperia is old and not much used... so we decided to let it be as it is.
And you can still play like on a normal phone :P
Hopefully, support will be back when we get proper controller compatibility!

2nd September 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #3  
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 14

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYahiroz

Bad news... : http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/co...teaser/ciorl15

I haven't tested Minecraft since reinstalling everything on my Xperia so I'm not sure yet if my version is broken, too. Is it possible to get an older version APK somewhere and just refuse to update it?
2nd September 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 65

186 posts
More
You can turn off auto updates on the Play store. Grabbing an older APK should work, just make sure it's before 0.9 as 0.9 and onwards was when Mojang removed Xperia Play support.
3rd September 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #5  
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 14

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYahiroz

You can turn off auto updates on the Play store. Grabbing an older APK should work, just make sure it's before 0.9 as 0.9 and onwards was when Mojang removed Xperia Play support.

Ah, thanks. I managed to find a copy of 0.8.1 and installed it. I bought MPE the day it came out (and can prove it), so I guess it isn't technically illegal...?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread