Watch This Now!

[Q] Xperia Play Screen Issue

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By MattM85, Junior Member on 29th August 2014, 02:19 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

I am trying to get my old Xperia Play working again. I had no issues during the two years when it was my main phone, but I since have got the HTC One, and let the wife use the Xperia as her second phone. As far as i can tell, the rings on her fingers have damaged the screen. It does not respond to about 90% of commands, but there are some areas on the screen that still work. Typing is a nightmare, you have to turn the phone 90 and 180 degrees for certain letters to work, and some don't work at all...

I am pretty sure that a new screen would fix it, but somebody I work with said that even a new screen would not fix this issue as it's an old phone that relies on pressure on the screen to work.

Please can anyone advise what parts I would need to repair it. I am happy to do it myself, but don't know if it's a lost cause?

Any help would be much appreciated!
29th August 2014, 07:06 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 1,989
Donate to Me
Xperia play screen is not pressure based. I don't like this kind of people that think they know best. I actually think that you actually can replace a pressure based (capacitive I think?) screen btw.

Anyway, all you need to replace is most probably just a digitizer. It's not that expensive and the repair is not that hard to do.
Here's a replacement guide that I used mainly because it's high resolution and you can actually see which screw originally was, that's really helpful.
The Following User Says Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 08:27 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks friend, I will give this a go!
29th August 2014, 08:32 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Do you think this will be ok?

EBay item number 290930665920
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)