Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,700 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Donation for shipment of xperia s

Tip us?

nisu4717
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Default Donation for shipment of xperia s

Hello gys

As the name suggest this thread is for donation for shipment for xperia s.
Xperia s which was given by doomloard.
He is not able to pay shipment.
If some of us can make it....achotjan will get it....and start working on xperia overlay for our xperia s

Sources:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799730

Sent from my Xperia S using xda premium

Mirhawk
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisu4717 View Post
Hello gys

As the name suggest this thread is for donation for shipment for xperia s.
Xperia s which was given by doomloard.
He is not able to pay shipment.
If some of us can make it....achotjan will get it....and start working on xperia overlay for our xperia s

Sources:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799730

Can You give an approximate figure?
Pressing the is appreciated!
Kitkat - Carbon ROM - abcdjdj

nisu4717
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
No....
Ask in xperia overlay thread in cross device development for Sony devices

Redstarr1
Old
Thanks Meter 400
You should mention this has nothing to do with Doomlord. He has already given his device long ago to someone else, who didn't have time for developing (good of him that he at least tries to pass the device on). For the actual call for donation see here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=177.

I don't know about donating to them though, see the other semc debrand thread for my reasons why.

Nisu4717, you shouldn't be the one asking for money, Nick is and he has to convince us himself. I'm having a hard time believing someone who has been holding on to this device for months now without a word (even if it is with reasons). And honestly, if I were in his place I'd just pay the 15 myself, even if he has genuine reasons not to have developed anything, it's the least he can do.
My current devices:
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact: Stock 14.4.A.0.108 (for now)
Sony Xperia S: Paranoid Android by deedwar
Google Nexus 7 (2013): Paranoid Android
The Following User Says Thank You to Redstarr1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nisu4717
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstarr1 View Post
You should mention this has nothing to do with Doomlord. He has already given his device long ago to someone else, who didn't have time for developing (good of him that he at least tries to pass the device on). For the actual call for donation see here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=177.

I don't know about donating to them though, see the other semc debrand thread for my reasons why.

Nisu4717, you shouldn't be the one asking for money, Nick is and he has to convince us himself. I'm having a hard time believing someone who has been holding on to this device for months now without a word (even if it is with reasons). And honestly, if I were in his place I'd just pay the 15 myself, even if he has genuine reasons not to have developed anything, it's the least he can do.
OK.....

zaidx
Old
Thanks Meter 83
I think 15 is not so much to ask for donations

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Free mobile app

Redstarr1
Old
Thanks Meter 400
The problem wasn't that they were asking for 15, I've donated a lot more than that already to other developers. What was my problem with it was that nickholtus has received a device for free, sent to him by Doomlord, who himself received that device from a donation by a part of the community (and has done great things with it), and nick hasn't done anything with that phone for over half a year. So now all of a sudden he rightly decides this wasn't fair and the device should go to a developer who will actually do something with it, only he chooses a developer who apparantly isn't willing to pay the transportation fees and he's to broke (cheap?) to pay for it himself. Is it fair to us, the community, to be asking for a donation to move the device that some of us have already paid for? Doomlord never asked for a donation to get the device to nickholtus.

When I donate to someone, it's to support that developer, not to buy off a developer to keep on developing for my own device so to be clear I didn't participate in the donation to Doomlord. If a developer wants to move on, that's fine by me, I only donate out of gratitude for work that has already been done, not for future work.
My current devices:
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact: Stock 14.4.A.0.108 (for now)
Sony Xperia S: Paranoid Android by deedwar
Google Nexus 7 (2013): Paranoid Android
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redstarr1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zaidx
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstarr1 View Post
The problem wasn't that they were asking for 15, I've donated a lot more than that already to other developers. What was my problem with it was that nickholtus has received a device for free, sent to him by Doomlord, who himself received that device from a donation by a part of the community (and has done great things with it), and nick hasn't done anything with that phone for over half a year. So now all of a sudden he rightly decides this wasn't fair and the device should go to a developer who will actually do something with it, only he chooses a developer who apparantly isn't willing to pay the transportation fees and he's to broke (cheap?) to pay for it himself. Is it fair to us, the community, to be asking for a donation to move the device that some of us have already paid for? Doomlord never asked for a donation to get the device to nickholtus.

When I donate to someone, it's to support that developer, not to buy off a developer to keep on developing for my own device so to be clear I didn't participate in the donation to Doomlord. If a developer wants to move on, that's fine by me, I only donate out of gratitude for work that has already been done, not for future work.
Totally agree with you
And come on they're two men if it was 15 then both of them could pay 7.5

zaidx
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pacson View Post
We got a math genius here son
-_-

grigorian941