Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Donation for shipment of xperia s

OP nisu4717

2nd July 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag vidhya nagar
Thanks Meter: 113
 
798 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Hello gys

As the name suggest this thread is for donation for shipment for xperia s.
Xperia s which was given by doomloard.
He is not able to pay shipment.
If some of us can make it....achotjan will get it....and start working on xperia overlay for our xperia s

Sources:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799730

Sent from my Xperia S using xda premium
2nd July 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #2  
Mirhawk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 220
 
561 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisu4717

Hello gys

As the name suggest this thread is for donation for shipment for xperia s.
Xperia s which was given by doomloard.
He is not able to pay shipment.
If some of us can make it....achotjan will get it....and start working on xperia overlay for our xperia s

Sources:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799730

Sent from my Xperia S using xda premium

Can You give an approximate figure?
2nd July 2014, 02:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag vidhya nagar
Thanks Meter: 113
 
798 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
No....
Ask in xperia overlay thread in cross device development for Sony devices

Sent from my Xperia S using xda premium
2nd July 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #4  
Redstarr1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Leuven
Thanks Meter: 400
 
719 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
You should mention this has nothing to do with Doomlord. He has already given his device long ago to someone else, who didn't have time for developing (good of him that he at least tries to pass the device on). For the actual call for donation see here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=177.

I don't know about donating to them though, see the other semc debrand thread for my reasons why.

Nisu4717, you shouldn't be the one asking for money, Nick is and he has to convince us himself. I'm having a hard time believing someone who has been holding on to this device for months now without a word (even if it is with reasons). And honestly, if I were in his place I'd just pay the 15 myself, even if he has genuine reasons not to have developed anything, it's the least he can do.
The Following User Says Thank You to Redstarr1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag vidhya nagar
Thanks Meter: 113
 
798 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstarr1

You should mention this has nothing to do with Doomlord. He has already given his device long ago to someone else, who didn't have time for developing (good of him that he at least tries to pass the device on). For the actual call for donation see here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=177.

I don't know about donating to them though, see the other semc debrand thread for my reasons why.

Nisu4717, you shouldn't be the one asking for money, Nick is and he has to convince us himself. I'm having a hard time believing someone who has been holding on to this device for months now without a word (even if it is with reasons). And honestly, if I were in his place I'd just pay the 15 myself, even if he has genuine reasons not to have developed anything, it's the least he can do.

OK.....

Sent from my Xperia S using xda premium
3rd July 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag ERBIL
Thanks Meter: 94
 
555 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
I think 15 is not so much to ask for donations

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Free mobile app
3rd July 2014, 01:19 PM   |  #7  
Redstarr1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Leuven
Thanks Meter: 400
 
719 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
The problem wasn't that they were asking for 15, I've donated a lot more than that already to other developers. What was my problem with it was that nickholtus has received a device for free, sent to him by Doomlord, who himself received that device from a donation by a part of the community (and has done great things with it), and nick hasn't done anything with that phone for over half a year. So now all of a sudden he rightly decides this wasn't fair and the device should go to a developer who will actually do something with it, only he chooses a developer who apparantly isn't willing to pay the transportation fees and he's to broke (cheap?) to pay for it himself. Is it fair to us, the community, to be asking for a donation to move the device that some of us have already paid for? Doomlord never asked for a donation to get the device to nickholtus.

When I donate to someone, it's to support that developer, not to buy off a developer to keep on developing for my own device so to be clear I didn't participate in the donation to Doomlord. If a developer wants to move on, that's fine by me, I only donate out of gratitude for work that has already been done, not for future work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redstarr1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag ERBIL
Thanks Meter: 94
 
555 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstarr1

The problem wasn't that they were asking for 15, I've donated a lot more than that already to other developers. What was my problem with it was that nickholtus has received a device for free, sent to him by Doomlord, who himself received that device from a donation by a part of the community (and has done great things with it), and nick hasn't done anything with that phone for over half a year. So now all of a sudden he rightly decides this wasn't fair and the device should go to a developer who will actually do something with it, only he chooses a developer who apparantly isn't willing to pay the transportation fees and he's to broke (cheap?) to pay for it himself. Is it fair to us, the community, to be asking for a donation to move the device that some of us have already paid for? Doomlord never asked for a donation to get the device to nickholtus.

When I donate to someone, it's to support that developer, not to buy off a developer to keep on developing for my own device so to be clear I didn't participate in the donation to Doomlord. If a developer wants to move on, that's fine by me, I only donate out of gratitude for work that has already been done, not for future work.

Totally agree with you
And come on they're two men if it was 15 then both of them could pay 7.5

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Free mobile app
5th July 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag ERBIL
Thanks Meter: 94
 
555 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pacson

We got a math genius here son

-_-

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Free mobile app
5th July 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #10  
Member
Flag Saint-Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 17
 
79 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
They already have 5,i ll send 4 so... Need more 6

Sent from my russian SXS

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes