[Q] Problem with battery?

OP Lunatiic

30th August 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brazil
Thanks Meter: 71

322 posts
More
I've been away from the Xperia S forums for about 4 months now, since my Xperia S died. I've been using a Samsung Galaxy S II, but i'm pretty tired of it, don't like amoled screens, battery issues, constant reboots, radio problems and it goes on and on.. SO I want to try to revive my Xperia S.. Here is what happened:

4 Months ago, I had just finished flasing a Paranoid Android ROM (4.4.2 KK) and was setting up the phone, had just finished installing some apps and was testing some CPU Governors, I/O Schedulers and things like that, running AnTuTu and Quadrant benchmarks. In the middle of an AnTuTu bench, the phone just shut down (with about 50% battery left) and woudn't turn on again. When connecting the charger, the LED woudn't light up, the phone wouldn't vibrate, Vol Up + Power wasn't working, coudn't enter recovery/download modes. Hard bricked. So I opened up the phone and removed the battery, tryed plugging in again and nothing, so I left the battery outside the phone for a couple of days. After that, I made a quick "short circuit" with the batter, about 1/2 seconds, and plugged it back in, connected the charger and the phone came back to life. Now I could enter fastboot mode, so I re-flashed the stock .96 using Flash Tool, re-rooted, and re-flashed a newer build of Paranoid Android and everything was working fine again. I managed to backup all my photos and documents, and left the phone charging overnight while downloading some apps from the Play Store. When I woke up: dead again, but this time it's different. When I connect the charger the RED LED lights up, but it turns off after a couple of minutes. The rest is exactly the same: can't enter recovery, can't boot, can't fastboot, Vol Up + Power isn't working.. So I took off the battery and tryed a short circuit again, but this time nothing happend.. The first time the the cables heated up quickly and this time nothing happened. So I don't know what exactly is going on. Is the battery completely dead (2 years old phone)? Or is my device unable, somehow, to charge the battery? If there is no charge at all, the short circuit won't work.

Anyone with any experience or any guess? I'm searching for a new battery so I can test it but it's kind of expesive here, about 60USD. I can't stand the SGS2 anylonger, and I'm not buying any phone until the Snapdragon 810 shows up.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread