[Q] Unlocking bootloader - Xperia S does not stay in fastboot mode

7th August 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

17 posts
Hey guys!

I'm trying to unlock boot loader on my Xperia S.
I tried the official way - via Sony Development site but I get stuck on the step where you have to connect the phone and push Volume Up button. Problem is that the phone enters the fastboot mode for 5 seconds, but then shows the battery charging logo and it 'quits' the fastboot mode.

Also, when the phone enters the fastboot mode, I should be asked for a driver, but I'm not.
Sony's instruction

Later I tried using the fastboot tool, found here, but the instructions aren't clear, because it seems that the new version is slightly different as the older one. Anyways, when I want to fastboot it (labeled with B) it enters the fastboot mode for 5 seconds, then the phone turns on again.

Fastboot app
11th August 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
The problem is your windows system doesn't have the right fastboot usb drivers installed for your device. If those are not detected it will leave fastboot.

I can't help you with how to get those installed fully. But i think I ended up manually updating a hidden device in device manager. I think it stays around there as a disconnected device which you can update.

Hope this at least points you in the right direction.
The Following User Says Thank You to elupus2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elupus2

The problem is your windows system doesn't have the right fastboot usb drivers installed for your device. If those are not detected it will leave fastboot.

I can't help you with how to get those installed fully. But i think I ended up manually updating a hidden device in device manager. I think it stays around there as a disconnected device which you can update.

Hope this at least points you in the right direction.

I can also confirm I did something similar on my Win7 64x - had to manually force some drivers for the fastboot mode.
28th August 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
From A to Z, please
Okay guys,

first of all, thank you!

Ok, let me explain:
1. what I want: get rid of sony's firmware and flash CyanogenMod11
2. phone: Xperia S, my current firmware: 6.2.B.1.96, (still) locked bootloader , no CWM, no root access, SONY PC companion installed

3. I'm following this tutorial: http://www.androidhogger.com/how-to-...-xperia-s.html
4. I stuck when it comes to root xperia s http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/xperia-s-lt...ean-ota-501291, but this tutorial says I have to unlock bootloader before. Well okay.
5. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2447319
I DID everything as said in instructions till the 10th step, but then the ******* phone does not stay in Fastboot mode. My computer installs (apparently) some random drivers -> it does not ask me what I want to do, 'because the driver wasn't installed successfully'., so I can not point to the usb_driver folder.
I tried updating the driver through the Device manager where 'S1 Boot Fastboot' shows when I enter the fastboot mode, but can't finish because the phone quits fastboot and the SONY's logo apperas before I manage to do anything.
I also installed alternate driver pack (link in DooMLoRD's tutorial), but it doesn't change anything.

That's it, guys. I REALLY hope you can help me, because I can't stand the official firware anymoreeeee. I know you rock the stage of phones

Cheers!
Last edited by Joej970; 28th August 2014 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Link were cut
28th August 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
From A to Z, please
Sry for 2 posts, can't delete the second one.
Last edited by Joej970; 29th August 2014 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Double post
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread