Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 49,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia S .96 trojan (after root with chinese tool)?

Tip us?
 
daddo1980
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2008
Angry [Q] Xperia S .96 trojan (after root with chinese tool)?

I rooted my Sony Xperia S with .96 kernel (usually impossible to root) with a chinese software... it worked but it also installed a kind of trojan in my phone, which from time to time will install some useless softwares in my phone (and who knows what else will do)...i hard reset the phone with Sony PC Companion, then format the whole memory and hard reset again from the phone options, including internal memory deletion...but the day after, a new chinese app appeared in my phone, so, the virus survived... (i tried antiviruses but they havent found anything)
anyone able to help me?
 
nik012003
Old
#2  
nik012003's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 43
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddo1980 View Post
I rooted my Sony Xperia S with .96 kernel (usually impossible to root) with a chinese software... it worked but it also installed a kind of trojan in my phone, which from time to time will install some useless softwares in my phone (and who knows what else will do)...i hard reset the phone with Sony PC Companion, then format the whole memory and hard reset again from the phone options, including internal memory deletion...but the day after, a new chinese app appeared in my phone, so, the virus survived... (i tried antiviruses but they havent found anything)
anyone able to help me?
Use factory reset now.
 
daddo1980
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik012003 View Post
Use factory reset now.
how many times should i use factory reset?
i did it twice already (one from pc companion, one from phone settings)
or how?
 
daddo1980
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2008
so, any advice about how to proceed?
or my only hope is to continuously reset the phone?
 
Mirhawk
Old
#5  
Mirhawk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 109
Posts: 304
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddo1980 View Post
so, any advice about how to proceed?
or my only hope is to continuously reset the phone?
Take backup of only required files(images, videos, songs) and format sdcard too. Don't take backup of any apps or even the backup of apps.
Be warned though, install ROM first before You format sdcard, You won't be install the ROM after doing it. You can also try to flash stock ftf and clearing everything.
Pressing the is appreciated!
Kitkat - Carbon ROM - abcdjdj
 
daddo1980
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirhawk View Post
Take backup of only required files(images, videos, songs) and format sdcard too. Don't take backup of any apps or even the backup of apps.
Be warned though, install ROM first before You format sdcard, You won't be install the ROM after doing it. You can also try to flash stock ftf and clearing everything.
i did it before, format the "card" (because this phone have only build in memory) then reset the phone again...
but this damn virus is still working...

some kind of HARD RESET is more effective than some other one?
maybe hard reset pushing keys?(havent tried this one yet)
Tags
xperia s root trojan
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android 4.4.3 Begins Rolling Out to European HTC One M8

Shortly after the USA Unlocked and Developer Editions of the HTC One M8 received the … more

Modernize Your Emails with Email Popup

SMS andHangouts messages likely won’t ever replace traditional Emails for more formal … more

Change Your Toast Notification Style with XToast

Android uses multipletypes of notifications. One of these isknown as a toast notification. … more

Port Sony Xperia Themes to CyanogenMod 11 with Ease

In addition the obvious proficiency with graphics, creating agood Android theme … more