Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia S /w unlocked bootloader bricked - USB not working

Tip us?

doblez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Xperia S /w unlocked bootloader bricked - USB not working

Hi XDA
I am using a Sony Xperia S with an unlocked bootloader and root. It is, as the title says, completely bricked and furthermore it isn't responding to my USB cables whether it be to my wall charger or to my computer(s).
I have tried doing a hard reset - both complete and just reboot. But It doesn't vibrate at all, and nothing happens.
I have tried connecting it in flashmode (holding volume button down and connecting to USB), still it doesn't react or show up on my pc.
I have tried using different USB cables (3 of the kind)
I have tried using different USB ports and computers.
I have tried using a different wall charger (still for the same phone though).

All of those things without it responding in any way. It was fully charged and in my pocket and when I was about to check it, it was completely dead. And I haven't been able to do anything. The only thing odd, was the heat just beneath the camera (Guessing that is where the CPU is located.)

If any of you brilliant minds have any kind of advices. I'd be more than happy to try them out!!!!

-doblez

Mirhawk
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by doblez View Post
Hi XDA
I am using a Sony Xperia S with an unlocked bootloader and root. It is, as the title says, completely bricked and furthermore it isn't responding to my USB cables whether it be to my wall charger or to my computer(s).
I have tried doing a hard reset - both complete and just reboot. But It doesn't vibrate at all, and nothing happens.
I have tried connecting it in flashmode (holding volume button down and connecting to USB), still it doesn't react or show up on my pc.
I have tried using different USB cables (3 of the kind)
I have tried using different USB ports and computers.
I have tried using a different wall charger (still for the same phone though).

All of those things without it responding in any way. It was fully charged and in my pocket and when I was about to check it, it was completely dead. And I haven't been able to do anything. The only thing odd, was the heat just beneath the camera (Guessing that is where the CPU is located.)

If any of you brilliant minds have any kind of advices. I'd be more than happy to try them out!!!!

-doblez
Try the rubber band method from here.
Pressing the is appreciated!
Kitkat - Carbon ROM - abcdjdj

doblez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirhawk View Post
Try the rubber band method from here.
I am not sure what happened... But after being in the charger for 24+ hours and then getting plugged into the computer with flashtool ready (rubber band method). It suddenly turned on as it should, and when shut off it shows the usual charging screen!
Thanks for your help though!