Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 53,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

RepeXpersiS™ Z2 Edition v5.0.1.A.G.Y||||Real Z2 Experience|||[1.9.14]

Tip us?

abdelazeez
Old
(Last edited by abdelazeez; 12th September 2014 at 04:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdelazeez View Post
I did the same thing bro.
  • Flash CM11 from your post
  • Flash PA 4.4 GAPPS
  • reboot
  • configure phone
  • Flash RepeXpersiS

Do you think underclocking the CPU 3D frequency to 200Mhz (using Kernel Tuner) will help? It had helped when i was facing the same issue on Carbon ROM Beta #10 for Xperia S.
Update: Second day of testing with underclocked GPU (not CPU as mis-typed in my last post) 3D frequency at 200Mhz using Kernel Tuner App .
No random reboot so far in about 5 hours. Hoping for the best because I'm loving this ROM.

Another Issue Noted:

If you change the theme to anything that is shipped with the ROM (Settings --> personalization --> themes), the system Ui process crashes and the phone becomes unusable becaiuse the screen goes wierd with chopped up animations etc. Thereafter even a reboot does not bring the phone back to normal. The only option is to re-install (CM11, GApps and then this ROM).

************************************************** ************************************************** *************
************************************************** ************************************************** *************
Update: 12Sep - Lots of reboots.
I suspect it may have something to do with the GApps (Paranoid Android micro modular GAPPs) package I am using. Let me switch to another Gapps and see if it works.

Update2: 12Sep - reboots continue
I see reboots even when I have just CM11 installed
I see reboots WITHOUT flashing any GAPPs

#FeelingLost
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abdelazeez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NoMoreAres
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamzekal View Post
RXS Star Rom is firstly released to Xperia S
Waiting more than 5 mins after install, stuck at loading screen?

gamzekal
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,789

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreAres View Post
Waiting more than 5 mins after install, stuck at loading screen?
install again.Dont flash quick rxs rom after flashing of cm11.First install cm11 wait until welcome screen of cm11.After that reboot to cwm.Flash rxs rom.

toylee1992
Old
Thanks Meter 43
gamzekal can you port this ROM for Xperia Acro S CM11 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2768934. I want to try this ROM so much.
Hit Thanks if I helped.

Device: SONY XPERIA Acro S
Kernel: Stock .96 w/ CWM + TWRP +Init.d
ROM: Custom Jelly Bean ROM

gamzekal
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,789

DONATE TO ME
5.0.1.A.G.Y[It works only on cm11 BuildAugust26]
The Following User Says Thank You to gamzekal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Daniel_Lechu
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Maybe a way to fix random Reboots is change the Kernel, but for now i don't have time to test.

slink722
Old
(Last edited by slink722; 18th September 2014 at 04:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,280
@gamzekal, bro first to install will be the CM11 rom of Rayman(OpenSEMC - BETA 3) or the cm-11-20140826-UNOFFICIAL-nozomi.zip? then flash [Nozomi][BuildAugust26][ROM ]RepeXpersiS Z2 Edition Star by RXS Team.zip right? coz when i install the rom of rayman then i install the RepeXpersiS Z2 Edition Star by RXS, i got bootloop

Edit: @darknessmc, bro i still got bootloop even when i install the cm-11-20140826-UNOFFICIAL-nozomi.zip first then RepeXpersiS Z2 Edition Star by RXS. can u tell me what's the exact method please
The Following User Says Thank You to slink722 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darknessmc
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by slink722 View Post
@gamzekal, bro first to install will be the CM11 rom of Rayman(OpenSEMC - BETA 3) or the cm-11-20140826-UNOFFICIAL-nozomi.zip? then flash [Nozomi][BuildAugust26][ROM ]RepeXpersiS Z2 Edition Star by RXS Team.zip right? coz when i install the rom of rayman then i install the RepeXpersiS Z2 Edition Star by RXS, i got bootloop
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamzekal View Post
5.0.1.A.G.Y[It works only on cm11 BuildAugust26]
ONLY FOR cm-11-20140826-UNOFFICIAL-nozomi
The Following User Says Thank You to darknessmc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kin9nothin9
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:

Edit: @darknessmc, bro i still got bootloop even when i install the cm-11-20140826-UNOFFICIAL-nozomi.zip first then RepeXpersiS Z2 Edition Star by RXS. can u tell me what's the exact method please
man simple
follow these steps
1 - instal cm 11 26-8 build
2 - boot cm normally
3 - reboot to recovery cwm
4 - wipe dalvik and cache
5 - instal rxs
6 - boot

darknessmc
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
@gamzekal,
When you install cm11, boot your device and finish welcome wizard then reboot to twrp and flash RXS