Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[TUT] How to install CyanogenMod 11 /or any other ROM on your Xperia S 6.2.b.1.96

OP Joej970

31st August 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #11  
Flag Sala
Thanks Meter: 41

147 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joej970

Well okay. Then write that down to a paper and stick it to a mirror, so you'll see your extraordinary achievement every time you wake up, and be proud of yourself, cause you did all that for the fisrt time in only one hour, although everyone else needed an afternoon. You're probably the smartest person I've ever seen, cause you apparently do magic
Repair shops should totally hire you, since they often need an eternity to do their job.
Cheers

i only wanted to say that this thread is completely unnecessary.. this phone is more than 2 years old... last update was i think 1year ago.. so there is nothing new... tutorials for unlocking BL (2nd March 2012) and for rooting (17th June 2013) are here for more than a year...and tutorial for instaling CM you can find in almost every CM thread... thats all I wanted to say ... have a nice day
The Following User Says Thank You to dobi235 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #12  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 181

728 posts
More
It is kinda necessary..
Some people still dont know how to flash these roms...And then end up spamming other threads...:/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piyush95 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st September 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #13  
Flag Goa, India
Thanks Meter: 723

378 posts
More
Quote:

Okay guys,
I spent a whole day yesterday to exterminate lame SONY's firmware, and get a refreshment alternation
so I gathered all tutorials, which I had followed to give my Xperia S new soul, and made this all-in-one tutorial for anyone, who's not sure how to do it.
Big thank to DooMLoRD, who's is making all this awesome tools and stuff to make our Xperias alive again.

Your method is long and unnecessarily beating around the bush. Here's a much quicker way (how I did it in less than half an hour):

1) Copy the ROM zip to your internal storage
2) Unlock bootloader with Sony's info on their site.
3) Extract boot.img from the ROM zip / kernel zip.
4) In fastboot mode,
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot
5) Go into recovery while it's rebooting, wipe everything & flash the ROM zip.

TBH, DoomLord's stuff is not required, never really was for me..
Sure, it's good stuff, but not required in this case..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Great_Geek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 3

44 posts
The tutorial is good, it's just unfortunate, is that after more than two years, yet no one has been able to unlock the bootloader problem that allows not be unlocked.

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd September 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Geek

Your method is long and unnecessarily beating around the bush. Here's a much quicker way (how I did it in less than half an hour):

1) Copy the ROM zip to your internal storage
2) Unlock bootloader with Sony's info on their site.
3) Extract boot.img from the ROM zip / kernel zip.
4) In fastboot mode,

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot
5) Go into recovery while it's rebooting, wipe everything & flash the ROM zip.

TBH, DoomLord's stuff is not required, never really was for me..
Sure, it's good stuff, but not required in this case..

Hey, hey, hey,

where do you type that code in? In terminal emulator on a phone or maybe cmd on a computer? I've seen a lot of tutorials ordering to type a code, but none of them actually explained how and where you have to write it.

Thankss!
Last edited by Joej970; 3rd September 2014 at 07:07 PM.
3rd September 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #16  
Flag Goa, India
Thanks Meter: 723

378 posts
More
Quote:

Hey, hey, hey,

where do you type that code in? In terminal emulator on a phone or maybe cmd on a computer? I've seen a lot of tutorials ordering to type a code, but none of them actually explained how and where you have to write it.

Thankss!

You use fastboot.exe or the fastboot binary for linux, same one that you used for unlocking bootloader..

Finding something to type into terminal emulator is pretty rare, and it'll usually be specified that you need to type it there..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
6.2.b.1.96, how to, install, rom, xperia s
Previous Thread Next Thread