Made For Xperia Case - Not fitting properly?

OP RD274

22nd October 2013, 07:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 2

127 posts
More
Guys,

I got myself an Xperia SP a couple of days back and as part of the promotional offer by Sony, I got a free "Made For Xperia" flipcover case with it. Its supposedly worth 1,899INR (says so on the box) but while the covers texture feels nice, the quality doesn't feel that good. Anyways- quality aside, the phone is a tight tight fit but that doesn't bother me as much as the cover not closing shut properly.

I have a Transformer Infinity and my mom has a Note 2 and both of our flip covers lie flat on the screen instead of awkwardly resting like this. So I wanted to ask- is this normal? Not just for the SP but do all Made For Xperia cases rest like this? Even if I push it down, it pops back up. The only way I can get it to rest slightly is by pulling the case outwards to the right side of the phone and even then it still pops up by a millimetre.

Attaching some pics to show what it looks like- Click Me!

Sample-
Last edited by RD274; 22nd October 2013 at 08:11 PM.
23rd October 2013, 06:56 PM   |  #2  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 510

883 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD274

Guys,

I got myself an Xperia SP a couple of days back and as part of the promotional offer by Sony, I got a free "Made For Xperia" flipcover case with it. Its supposedly worth 1,899INR (says so on the box) but while the covers texture feels nice, the quality doesn't feel that good. Anyways- quality aside, the phone is a tight tight fit but that doesn't bother me as much as the cover not closing shut properly.

I have a Transformer Infinity and my mom has a Note 2 and both of our flip covers lie flat on the screen instead of awkwardly resting like this. So I wanted to ask- is this normal? Not just for the SP but do all Made For Xperia cases rest like this? Even if I push it down, it pops back up. The only way I can get it to rest slightly is by pulling the case outwards to the right side of the phone and even then it still pops up by a millimetre.

Attaching some pics to show what it looks like- Click Me!

Sample-

Its like that only. Same with my case. I just bought 3 or 4 cases from ebay. lol they fit fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarkar1990 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th October 2013, 09:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad

127 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkar1990

Its like that only. Same with my case. I just bought 3 or 4 cases from ebay. lol they fit fine.

Which cases have you bought? Any flip-cover ones?
25th October 2013, 10:25 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

92 posts
More
Even i bought same from flipkart....but dont worry..it fits after some use..
currently its new and is of hard material ... after a day or two's use ...it will soften and fit properly..
25th October 2013, 04:15 PM   |  #5  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 77

412 posts
Donate to Me
More
With around a month usage It will become normal

Sent from my C5302 using xda app-developers app
25th October 2013, 06:25 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 11

54 posts
More
Thats true.. it takes some time to get adjusted to wrap around but it got a very nice quality and sturdy fit for sure than samsung..

keep it in your pants pocket when you move around...stuff will get used to it...LOL
25th October 2013, 10:15 PM   |  #7  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 510

883 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by satishynd

Even i bought same from flipkart....but dont worry..it fits after some use..
currently its new and is of hard material ... after a day or two's use ...it will soften and fit properly..

I have the original flip cover, the clear s-line tpu case, the case-mate "barely there" case and another blue tpu case.

I have a white XSP.
26th October 2013, 08:05 PM   |  #8  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 35

174 posts
More
Agree completely with @satishynd. I am also using the same case... it rests perfectly flat after some use.
27th October 2013, 09:18 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 5

92 posts
More
hey ....one question though..
does your covers/cases kind of auto-operate screen when kept in pocket??
countless times i've noticed apps opened, numbers dialed ..automatically when kept in pocket (mobile mounted on case/cover obtained from flipkart.com)
27th October 2013, 07:06 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad

127 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by satishynd

hey ....one question though..
does your covers/cases kind of auto-operate screen when kept in pocket??
countless times i've noticed apps opened, numbers dialed ..automatically when kept in pocket (mobile mounted on case/cover obtained from flipkart.com)

Disable Glove Mode in Display Settings. Chances are it is interfering with your flip cover.

---

Thanks guys. I'll give this cover time to settle down. Hope it fits better after a while.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread