Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,022 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How to?] remove bravia engine from stock rom: Terrible SwiqiSettingsService

Tip us?

sambastrakan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Default [How to?] remove bravia engine from stock rom: Terrible SwiqiSettingsService

Hello,

I already put this in "Xperia SP Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting" but I think it's a dev subject.
So:
I'm trying to make a slim ROM starting from stock 207, without BE, sound enhancement, etc.
Using Elixir (Wakelock does not shows everything) I discovered that this apk uses a lot of CPU, it's the champion.
Then I tried to disable all bravia stuff in settings and also in build.prop (swiqi2.enable=false): no effect.
I also deleted /etc/be*. But this process continues to eat cpu all the time, when you watch a video or simply scrowls a list. It seems that it filters the whole video flow.
Last step: freezing SwiqiSettingsService. In this case, video playing becomes very very laggy (totaly unusable, using stock player or Mx gives the same result), BUT the phone becomes so much responsive.

If someone knows how to totaly wipe bravia/swiqi stuff from the phone (or want to investigate that) ... it will be a great improvment for those who don't care about this kind of "enhancement".

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to sambastrakan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sambastrakan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Some news:
Uninstalling GoogleBackupTransport.apk, you can also uninstall SwiqiSettingsService.apk with no lags in video playing (also need to disable the things in 1st post).
I have no idea for an explication ... but it works fine until now ...

mrjraider
Old
Thanks Meter 2,135
This is more for the Cross-Development section

~~ Regards

Amr Nasser
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Question Important

So How Is Everything Is Going Now ?
Is It Safe To Remove That Application ??
Hope Is A Walking Dream ,,

sambastrakan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amr Nasser View Post
So How Is Everything Is Going Now ?
Is It Safe To Remove That Application ??
Until now I didn't see any side effect, but it can make time to discover one...
I'll post my system/app list later.
An other problem is that there are dozens of posts on xda talking about system apps safe to remove with bad informations in them.
I never found a clean list wich explains each funcionalities of each system app, and more important their dependencies between them.
You can make a test using "system app remover" for example: turn off all enhancement in settings, then remove GoogleBackupTransport and Swiqi. If you have troubles you can put them back using SystemAppRemover.
Next step for me is to evaluate if Stamina is important in the way I use my phone: basically I like to use functionalities manually. If I want to sync I enable sync, if I want to use data connection I turn it on and then off, etc...
Stamina is certainly usefull for who let the phone connected all the time, but in this case I don't know.