Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[How to?] remove bravia engine from stock rom: Terrible SwiqiSettingsService

OP sambastrakan

9th August 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 92

468 posts
More
Hello,

I already put this in "Xperia SP Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting" but I think it's a dev subject.
So:
I'm trying to make a slim ROM starting from stock 207, without BE, sound enhancement, etc.
Using Elixir (Wakelock does not shows everything) I discovered that this apk uses a lot of CPU, it's the champion.
Then I tried to disable all bravia stuff in settings and also in build.prop (swiqi2.enable=false): no effect.
I also deleted /etc/be*. But this process continues to eat cpu all the time, when you watch a video or simply scrowls a list. It seems that it filters the whole video flow.
Last step: freezing SwiqiSettingsService. In this case, video playing becomes very very laggy (totaly unusable, using stock player or Mx gives the same result), BUT the phone becomes so much responsive.

If someone knows how to totaly wipe bravia/swiqi stuff from the phone (or want to investigate that) ... it will be a great improvment for those who don't care about this kind of "enhancement".

Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sambastrakan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th August 2014, 04:41 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro

468 posts
More
Some news:
Uninstalling GoogleBackupTransport.apk, you can also uninstall SwiqiSettingsService.apk with no lags in video playing (also need to disable the things in 1st post).
I have no idea for an explication ... but it works fine until now ...
12th August 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2,162

4,301 posts
This is more for the Cross-Development section

~~ Regards
13th August 2014, 08:16 AM   |  #4  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 22

238 posts
Donate to Me
More
Question Important
So How Is Everything Is Going Now ?
Is It Safe To Remove That Application ??
13th August 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro

468 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amr Nasser

So How Is Everything Is Going Now ?
Is It Safe To Remove That Application ??

Until now I didn't see any side effect, but it can make time to discover one...
I'll post my system/app list later.
An other problem is that there are dozens of posts on xda talking about system apps safe to remove with bad informations in them.
I never found a clean list wich explains each funcionalities of each system app, and more important their dependencies between them.
You can make a test using "system app remover" for example: turn off all enhancement in settings, then remove GoogleBackupTransport and Swiqi. If you have troubles you can put them back using SystemAppRemover.
Next step for me is to evaluate if Stamina is important in the way I use my phone: basically I like to use functionalities manually. If I want to sync I enable sync, if I want to use data connection I turn it on and then off, etc...
Stamina is certainly usefull for who let the phone connected all the time, but in this case I don't know.
The Following User Says Thank You to sambastrakan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th November 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 21

77 posts
this is what i am looking for long time. some one clarify it more?????
8th November 2014, 04:42 AM   |  #7  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 17

161 posts
More
@sambastrakan
you made this thread when super vivid mode from z3 was not introduced yet
I had tried freezing or uninstalling swiqisettingsservice and video playback will lag until BE libs are completely removed via android tweaker 2

but since super vivid mode is ported, freezing or uninstalling swiqisettingsservice still give me enchanted color and without lag
i've tried both in movies & mx player

btw, did you notice gaming performance & ram improvement after removing such features?
Last edited by cipetonk; 8th November 2014 at 04:45 AM.
8th November 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro

468 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipetonk

@sambastrakan
you made this thread when super vivid mode from z3 was not introduced yet
I had tried freezing or uninstalling swiqisettingsservice and video playback will lag until BE libs are completely removed via android tweaker 2

but since super vivid mode is ported, freezing or uninstalling swiqisettingsservice still give me enchanted color and without lag
i've tried both in movies & mx player

btw, did you notice gaming performance & ram improvement after removing such features?

Thanks for your advice. But I'm running CM11 for a few months now: no more problem!
From what I remember I had about 480Mb free RAM with my "slim" 207 fw. But I remember too that in an other attempt (clean install then uninstalling apps) the lags were back ... So GoogleBackupTransport was not the guilty .... Actually I don't know how and why I had no lags in a previous slim rom version (without swiqi). Total mystery ! And no more mystery with CM11 from MrSteve555.
11th November 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #9  
Flag City of God / City of Sun *-*
Thanks Meter: 479

660 posts
More
Draw lines settings.apk because not much point getting the apk and remove the lines from build.prop if there still lines the wild in their configurations.

Thank you

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread