XperiaSP Locked Bootloader (LBL) Cyanogenmod 12.0

Search This thread

pranavthombare

Jul 24, 2013
Ahmedabad
since wifi is not working, can someone try baseband fix by dipesh on this. i know its crazy but can someone volunteer to try it? since download speed is too slow here :(

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
as soon as someone has it downloaded, can they mirror it to some faster site because if I try from dev host I'll have to wait for 2 weeks lol

theroyalstudent

Oct 10, 2013
Singapore
as soon as someone has it downloaded, can they mirror it to some faster site because if I try from dev host I'll have to wait for 2 weeks lol

Yes, would love to do so, if the developer allows. If you want a mirror, tell the dev to allow me to do so. Or else, its inappropriate to just mirror like that in my opinion. I already got the file 75% downloaded... Going to bed first :D (refer to my earlier post here for my server speeds haha)

Oblox

Oct 8, 2012
Maidstone
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Yes, would love to do so, if the developer allows. If you want a mirror, tell the dev to allow me to do so. Or else, its inappropriate to just mirror like that in my opinion. I already got the file 75% downloaded... Going to bed first :D (refer to my earlier post here for my server speeds haha)

Its not usually innappropriate to mirror a ROM for people in their thread as its just helpful. Its if you re-post it with/without mods that its bad without permission.

Reactions: DanielZRK

Terrycell6

Apr 14, 2012
kingston
It looks so good

I tried the ROM and on first install there was an error and the ROM wouldn't boot so i went back and re-flashed the ROM zip and gapps and this time the rom booted just fine, during the setup process the phone rebooted and on the second attempt i got to use the phone but not for long as it just reboots again. I know our Devs will get these initial bugs fixed so I'm not worried at all this is great work of art in progress. Just couldn't resist trying it out and ye i tried the WiFi fix but it does not work. Thanks alot for your efforts Android L is here :D:D:D:D

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
I tried the ROM and on first install there was an error and the ROM wouldn't boot so i went back and re-flashed the ROM zip and gapps and this time the rom booted just fine, during the setup process the phone rebooted and on the second attempt i got to use the phone but not for long as it just reboots again. I know our Devs will get these initial bugs fixed so I'm not worried at all this is great work of art in progress. Just couldn't resist trying it out and ye i tried the WiFi fix but it does not work. Thanks alot for your efforts Android L is here :D:D:D:D

Yeah bagyusz said that it hot reboots every few minutes so don't flash gapps that way you can skip the initial setup and actually use the device for these minutes lol

MisterKaplan

Aug 29, 2013
Easy install ! :)
Long, very long booting :eek:
Multi Reboot during the initialization of the system :rolleyes
Testing now..:)

ironshadow2

May 29, 2014
I think im gonna try it when the reboot problem will be fixed.
thnx for your great work.
but if I flash this rom, will the my phone keep rebooting all the time?

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
It's working quite well but the random reboots make this useless right now btw i'm uploading it to mega, the link will be available shortly: LINK
@Oblox SMS and voice probably work but data does not unfortunately

Last edited:
Reactions: ya7hu and berezker

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    217989_cm.jpg

translated by Kizsde :highfive:

I would like to ask everbody not to send me PMs with questions about the installation, that is what the forum is here for. Also everbody should do this at their OWN RISK!

If you already have recovery installed, go to step (3) and continue from there.

217989_su.png

(1): As a first step, we should "root" our stock 4.3, so later on we can install a recovery tool:

- a: Download the towelroot apk and click on the Lambda icon
    - b: On the phone, navigate to Settings > Security and check the Unknown Resources checkbox
    - c: Copy the tr.apk to your phone's SD card and install it
    - d: Estabilish an active internet connection on your phone
    - e: Run the towelroot app and once it loaded, tap on the "make it ra1n" button. This should "root" your phone.

**The reason why the word "root" is between quotation marks, is because the towelroot app doesn't actually root your phone, but allows a superuser application to be installed on it. We don't actually need an SU app, but "root" is needed for the installation of the recovery.

217989_cwm_2.png

(2): Installing the Recoveries (source: [link])

-a: On the phone, navigate to "Settings > Developer Options" and check the "USB Debugging" checkbox. If you don't have it listed, just tap the "Build Number" within "Settings > About Phone" 4-5 times.

-b: Connect your phone to the PC

-c: Download the recovery pack created by dssmex

-d: Extract the CWM_SP_4.4.1.zip file to your computer and depending on your operating system run the appropriate install***** file (install_mac.sh= MAC OSx; install_linux.sh= Linux; install.bat= Windows) **(On Windows a menu will appear, where you need to choose option "1" and the rest will be done automatically)

-e: If the installation is successful and you see no errors, you can reboot your phone. Otherwise repeat the installation until it is completely error-free

-f: After reboot, the phone indicates with some blinking lights and a slight vibration that you are now able to select from the recoveries (volume rocker down=TWRP recovery; volume rocker up=Philz recovery; camera button=CWM recovery). It is up to you which one you select, as all of them should be able to do the job just fine. Personally I recommend CWM and the guide will follow this method. IMPORTANT: During the recovery selection, the idle time is 2 seconds and if no button is pressed, the phone will boot normally.

217989_cm_11_2.jpg

(3): Installation of the CM12 rom:

-a: Download the newest rom from here: [link]

-b: Copy the cm-12-201*****-UNOFFICIAL-lbhuashan.zip to your phone, preferrably to the external SD card. (This can be performed during recovery too, but copying to the SD card is significantly slower this way, so before you do that please read section (4))

-c: During recovery selection, choose CWM

(Quick CWM navigation guide: With physical buttons: Volume down=move down; Volume up=move up; On/off button=Enter/select menu option; || With swipe gestures: Swipe down: move down; Swipe up=move up; Swipe right=Enter/select menu option; Swipe left=back)

-d: Make a backup of your current system, by going to "backup and restore" and selecting the "backup to /storage/sdcard1" option. This will create a "clockworkmod" folder on your SD card and the dated backups will be stored here.

-e: Now go to "Wipe data/factory reset" and select the "Yes-Wipe All user data" option. This will erase the /Data /Cache partitions and delete the ".android_secure" folder on the SD card. IMPORTANT: This may take several minutes to complete.

It is advised to do the following when performing a clean install:

It may happen that the installer is unable to format the system, so it needs to be perfomed manually by going to "mount and storage" and selecting the "format /system" option.

-f: Navigate to "install zip->choose zip from /storage/sdcard1" then browse to and select the previously copied CM11 rom

-g: The CM12 rom should now be installed. If you don't prefer to install the Gapps pack, then reboot your phone with the "reboot system now" option, otherwise go to step (4)

217989_gapps.jpg

(4): Installation of the google apps (Gapps):

-a: Download the newest CM12 gapps from this list

-b: Copy it to the external SD card

-c: Go to CWM recovery again (camera button)

-d: Navigate to "install zip->choose zip from /storage/sdcard1" and select the Gapps pack you just copied to the SD card

(5): Installation of the SuperSU app:

-a: Download the newest UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.**.zip

-b: Copy it to the external SD card

-c: Go to CWM recovery again (camera button)

-d: Navigate to "install zip->choose zip from /storage/sdcard1" and select the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.**.zip you just copied to the SD card

-e: Once installation is done, reboot the phone

217989_letoltes_2.jpg

What works:

USB Charging : Ok
    USB ADB : Ok
    USB MTP : Ok
    Video : Ok
    Audio : Ok
    Sensors : Ok
    Screen rotation : Ok
    WLAN : Ok
    WLAN Hotspot : Not tested
    GPS : Ok
    GSM : Ok
    GSM Data : Not tested
    GSM Voice : Not tested
    GSM SMS : Not tested
    Bluetooth : Ok
    NFC : Ok
    Camera : Ok
    FM Radio : Ok
    Keyboard : Ok
    MHL : Not tested
    OTG : Not tested

What doesn't work:
    ???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Frequently Asked Questions + Useful info:

- The first boot will always be slow. This is because once you enter your google account details it starts updating the google apps and your personal details, while downloading your own applications as well

- The rom does not include Sony's own services and user interface

- The rom is rooted by default

- You cannot apply any custom kernels as the bootloader is locked

- After first boot, turn off NFC (or at least try to remove the check from the checkbox, it will not be possible due to a bug), then reboot the phone. After this you will be able to turn it on/off as per usual.

- The rom contains CWM and Philz recovery too (camera button=CWM; volume up=Philz)

- Glove mode is turned on by default, but if you would like to turn it off, go to "Settings->Language & Input" and remove the check from the "High Touch Sensitivity" checkbox

- To enable "Developer Tools" & "Performance" menu options, navigate to "Settings->About Phone" and tap "Build number" 4-5 times

- Hijack is a script that enables useres to boot not only stock roms on a locked bootloader, but custom ones too like Cyanogenmod, aopk, pa, pac, slimkat, omni etc...

- It is not possible to update a rom OTA, only from recovery. The method of updating the rom is the same as installing it from step (3), the only difference is that the "-d: wipe data/factory reset" part needs to be skipped

- If you want to play games, it is a good idea to change the "Profile" to "Performance" under the "Performance" menu option for the duration of play

- You can make the Google search bar disappear from the home screen by opening the settings menu of the Trebuchet launcher via long press. Then expand the advanced settings by swiping up the grey bar of Wallpapers Modules Themes. Here look for the Search bar and switch it off.

217989_log.jpg

ROM: cm-12-20160130-UNOFFICIAL-lbhuashan

GAPPS: gapps-502-base-********-1-signed.zip

SuperSU: You need to install SuperSU !!!!

Changes:

cm-12-20160130-UNOFFICIAL-lbhuashan:
    -CyanogenMod update-source (nighty)
    -RIL source code update
    -Selinux disabled
    -Wifi mac loader fix
    -Audio fix
    -Audio vendor blobs update
    -glove mod settings fix
    -Adreno driver update
    -Add some tweaks

cm-12-20150120-UNOFFICIAL-lbhuashan:
    -GSM fix
    -WIFI fix
    -BT fix
    -GPS fix
    -Camera fixed (1080p video recording OK)
    -FM radio fix
    -NFC fix
    -Hot reboot fixed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Source codes:

CyanogenMod

Device tree:

android_device_sony_lbhuashan

android_device_sony_lbqcom-common

android_device_sony_lbcommon

android_vendor_lbsony

hijack-ramdisk-huashan

Kernel Source:

android_kernel_sony_lbmsm8960t

Screenshots:

Credits:

-MrSteve555
    -neXusPRIME
    -dh.harald
    -KeiranFTW
    -cray_Doze
    -davidmarco
    -dssmex
    -DooMLoRD
    -Cyanogenmod

XDA:DevDB Information
    XperiaSP Locked Bootloader (LBL) Cyanogenmod 12.0, ROM for the Sony Xperia SP

Contributors
    bagyusz
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-11-20
    Last Updated 2016-01-30
    New build incoming: :)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!bEBzASgJ!fzkGUsJOslojUzvdV-VR-vFbXq5DKxz0F2hP2gTMOJ0
    Let's have a look at the changelog(compared to bagyusz build)
    - used dlmalloc instead of malloc
    - fixed camera
    - set selinux to permissive at boot(fixes Wi-Fi and cellular connectivity)
    - CM source updates
    - some small cosmetic changes to the whole build here and there ;)

Yes, I'm going to pretend that I haven't even looked at the ETAs and trolling here, I'll let the mods sort it out if it's necessary :angel:

Hmm, just gone browsing through all the fusion3 github repos and found this:
    Code:
    ro.use_data_netmgrd=true
    It could fix data connectivity(without using the script), although I'm not really sure about that(yep, it's a build.prop line)
    Anyway, I saw a first commit for sepolicy on gerrit and now it's finally booting again with qcom common sepolicy set but yay no bugs are fixed. I'll look at the logs when I get some actual free time (and school doesn't help with gaining free time [emoji14]).
    Anyway, to sum everything up and calm everyone down:
    Yes, someone is working on it. Slowly, but it's going forward.;)
    Ok as of now what's working and what's not?
    Video and audio: working, although probably needs additional stuff like qcmediaplayer in framework to get the streams to wrok properly(YT, Netflix and all that stuff)
    Camera: working, needs framework changes that are on its way on gerrit
    WiFi: working, needs sepolicy changes to work with selinux enforcing
    RIL: nearly fully working, harware_qcom_ril repo needs some changes for RILs that support SEEK(our does), I got outgoing calls working on my private builds with header changes, but it has to be done officialy by some CM team members, more - it needs sepolicy changes to work with enforcing, but probably the latest commits in the common qcom sepolicy repo are fixing that with the bridgemgr policy inclusion
    Touch: obviously working
    NFC: reported working, didn't test myself
    Sensors: working
    ADB, MTP, genral USB functions: working
    Bluetooth: working
    WLAN hotspot: doesn't work and for now I have no idea how to fix it
    GPS: not tested
    FM Radio: it will take some time :p we don't have all the CM features yet, so I think the best choice is to wait until everything is buildable and correctly updated
    All links are here
    Only data is not working
    But hey its Lollipop
    Thanks to MrSteve.

Download rom..
    1. Rom (build 24/11): https://mega.co.nz/#!bEBzASgJ!fzkGUsJOslojUzvdV-VR-vFbXq5DKxz0F2hP2gTMOJ0

Move this file to System/Bin
    2. Ramdisk (after downloading rom, open zip and move ramdisk.zip to system/bin): https://mega.co.nz/#!OcZAgShK!6OT9JiwMoieghZao8Zx_8OrlX9ITPZWytIPqeS5Phic

3. Flash the rom

Flash root
    4. SU (root): http://download.chainfire.eu/589/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.16.zip

Flash Gapps
    5. Gapps (Lollipop): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001612867

Flash this zip
    6. Outgoing call fix: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3041707&d=1417382501

Note: to avoid reboots
    go to settings> display> turn off the adaptive brightness.