Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

C5306 4G in Australia?

Tip us?

Xeroxidous
Old
(Last edited by Xeroxidous; 25th July 2014 at 08:55 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default C5306 4G in Australia?

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to mobiles phones and I just bought a Xperia SP C5306 from the US. I am located in Australia and am wondering if I can use the 4G here back at home? I kinda bought it in a rush. If there is no way I can use the 4G because of the difference in frequency bands can I some how change it with a kernal or rom?

Cheers
Xero

Plum Crazy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeroxidous View Post
I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to mobiles phones and I just bought a Xperia SP C5306 from the US. I am located in Australia and am wondering if I can use the 4G here back at home? I kinda bought it in a rush. If there is no way I can use the 4G because of the difference in frequency bands can I some how change it with a kernal or rom?

Cheers
Xero
C5302 and C5303 (LTE) are definitely compatible with Aussie network bands, but the C5306 is for US network bands. I don't think that you can change the frequency bands, I think that it is a hardware thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Plum Crazy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Xeroxidous
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ah dang. Guess I gotta some how get rid of the phone to someone in the US since the C5306 does not accept the 4G LTE bands here in Australia. Thanks for the help.