Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Display Calibration profile

OP sambastrakan

15th August 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 92

467 posts
More
Hi,

Anexed, you will find the calibration profile for our phone. Well, for my phone at least, as you can have a different SP serie with a different display caracteristics. To install the profile on PC, double clic XperiaSP-Sat5.7+Tint50.icc, then it will appear named "latestDisplayProfile" in photoshop.
How I did that:
- First, I set the white balance (in settings) with : Tint=50 and Saturation 5.5. With that, my white point is near 6500K. Also, Bravia engine must be disable.
- Then I used my i1DisplayPro colorimeter with the free X-Rite ColorTrue app. This app is not available on Google Play as it is supposed to work with a few devices. But I was able to download it in a different way and it works on XperiaSP !

What can we do with this display profile:
- If your desktop monitor is calibrated, in photoshop you can simulate how an image will look like on the phone. Usefull for themers.
- In photoshop, you can convert profiled images (srgb or adobeRGB) to this profile. Doing that, you can visualize a photo on the phone as close as possible to the original. It can be usefull for a nice wallpaper.

An other possibility, is using x-rite app to visualize your pictures corrected on the phone. For that:
- installl QuickPic from googleplay, xrite does not works with SemcAlbum.
- download my xrite backup (titanium backup) : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...XriteCalib.zip
- extract zip and put the 3 files in your titanium backup folder
- restore ColorTRUE using TB
- Launch it: it will say it's not able to found a device (colorimeter) but don't worry. Just click the gallery icon and it will launch QuickPic forcing pictures calibration. You will be able to visualize better your photos.
- Don't forget to disable bravia and set white balance to the same values of mines.

That's it !

[EDIT] Added a color profile for native white point (when you use cm7 or any rom without the white point setting from sony). Using X-rite app you will have to replace overwrite the icc profile in /data/data/org.x-rite*/*icc*/latestDisplayProfile.icc
Last edited by sambastrakan; 24th August 2014 at 07:13 PM. Reason: native white point color profile added
20th August 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Thank you. I did the same with my Spyder. So if there are Spyder users out there you can do exactly the same with the SpyderGallery App. Also for free in the Play Store. Works with all Android devices.
20th August 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro

467 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubencarmona

Thank you. I did the same with my Spyder. So if there are Spyder users out there you can do exactly the same with the SpyderGallery App. Also for free in the Play Store. Works with all Android devices.

Thanks for this information. I have an old spyder3 and never saw that app.
Just missing the possibility on android to load the icc profile ine the gpu driver ... perhaps one day ...
23rd August 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #4  
Flag City of God / City of Sun *-*
Thanks Meter: 466

649 posts
More
Thumbs up
Very good, continue their work and welcome

Muito bom, continue seu trabalho e seja bem vindo!
24th August 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro

467 posts
More
native white point icc profile added.
10th November 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi!

Sorry for posting my message to this topic. I have Sony XPeria Z1 compact, not Xperia SP. But there are not so much people interested in making color profiles for their phones. So I hope you can help me here.
I have calibrated my phone display with ColorTrue. And I can watch my photos in QuickPic using ColorTrue. But the thing is that photos open very slowly when using ColorTrue. So I'd like to convert my photos to this profile in Photoshop. But I can not find *.icc file. I have only this:
/storage/emulated/0/xrite/iccprofiles/profileData.xml
Can anyone help me to get ICC-profile for my phone?
11th November 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro

467 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horovod

Hi!

Sorry for posting my message to this topic. I have Sony XPeria Z1 compact, not Xperia SP. But there are not so much people interested in making color profiles for their phones. So I hope you can help me here.
I have calibrated my phone display with ColorTrue. And I can watch my photos in QuickPic using ColorTrue. But the thing is that photos open very slowly when using ColorTrue. So I'd like to convert my photos to this profile in Photoshop. But I can not find *.icc file. I have only this:
/storage/emulated/0/xrite/iccprofiles/profileData.xml
Can anyone help me to get ICC-profile for my phone?

You need a root explorer and then you can pick up the profile in /data/data/com.xrite.mobile*/*icc*/latestDisplayProfile.icc
12th November 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambastrakan

You need a root explorer and then you can pick up the profile in /data/data/com.xrite.mobile*/*icc*/latestDisplayProfile.icc

Thanks! I have converted my photos to my phones profile. Now they look on the phone exactly as I want them to see.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread