FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Your experience with the XSP

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By carledudo, Junior Member on 26th September 2015, 07:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys, since our XSP is already 2 years old, I wanted to know some of your thoughts on this phone. Do you regret buying it? Do you think it's still a good phone? Share your opinions here.
PD: Sorry for any mistake, English isn't my native language
 
 
26th September 2015, 08:34 AM |#2  
Zenith's Avatar
Senior Member

Thanks Meter: 134
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carledudo

Hello guys, since our XSP is already 2 years old, I wanted to know some of your thoughts on this phone. Do you regret buying it? Do you think it's still a good phone? Share your opinions here.
PD: Sorry for any mistake, English isn't my native language

In short, it's still Awesome to me!
The best thing is; there's so many stable ROMs to try, I don't think much of 2013 device has any development going now at all. So yeah I'm pretty satisfied.
26th September 2015, 11:34 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Prešov
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
I think it is a good phone today, but at this time i can say that only if i have stock debloated rom or cm11, lp roms have too much problems and freezes to use it as daily driver for a long time.
Btw i suggest you to try every single rom on this phone if you are getting to it now
26th September 2015, 01:21 PM |#4  
Zenith's Avatar
Senior Member

Thanks Meter: 134
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasik

I think it is a good phone today, but at this time i can say that only if i have stock debloated rom or cm11, lp roms have too much problems and freezes to use it as daily driver for a long time.
Btw i suggest you to try every single rom on this phone if you are getting to it now

Try CM11 by Bagyusz [v150826] if you haven't yet.
It's the smoothest 4.4.4 ROM I've ever used!
8th November 2015, 11:57 PM |#5  
kurtsnafu's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
It's okay-ish. Just realized that it would've been a good phone to gift to younger people because of the flashy lights which was the feature I was initially attracted to (guess who's the kid now lol)
9th November 2015, 04:52 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
I have never even flashed phone than the SP.

The only reason i still have it, i like the colour lights.

Soooo sloww, android 6 rom fixed it but maybe too late?
9th November 2015, 10:26 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
I still regret buying it. It has been a disappointment for me from the beginning and has given me so much frustration. Honestly I think this phone actually made my life incredibly hard at the worst moments as if it could sense it. If I would have had a good working stable phone, I think I would have been happier the last two years. I'm not kidding and not exaggerating. I really mean this. So I'm very glad that I'm buying a new phone soon... I just have to figure out which one... But when I have one I'll be throwing this ****ty stupid thing against a wall, kick it a few times and throw it in a fire. I've literally had blue knuckles from hitting this phone hoping it was going to do what I wanted it to do. I even flashed and unlocked it and everything which I don't even want and like to do. And then somehow all roms slow down within a week even without installing anything other than whatsapp which seems to work fine for on phones of my friends. So I might even leave android and go for the new Lumia 950. Anyway, never a Sony again because I'm still blaming them for not giving us a stable stock rom and kitkat. I'm done with them, I'm done with this phone and I might be done with android.

So yeah... that is basically the rage this phone has given me.

edit: usually I'm a really, really calm and patient guy... really... but this phone got under my skin so many times, I can stand some amount of lag, but not this amount. I'm traumatised for life.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rubecula For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rubecula Ad-Free
10th November 2015, 01:58 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubecula

I still regret buying it. It has been a disappointment for me from the beginning and has given me so much frustration. Honestly I think this phone actually made my life incredibly hard at the worst moments as if it could sense it. If I would have had a good working stable phone, I think I would have been happier the last two years. I'm not kidding and not exaggerating. I really mean this. So I'm very glad that I'm buying a new phone soon... I just have to figure out which one... But when I have one I'll be throwing this ****ty stupid thing against a wall, kick it a few times and throw it in a fire. I've literally had blue knuckles from hitting this phone hoping it was going to do what I wanted it to do. I even flashed and unlocked it and everything which I don't even want and like to do. And then somehow all roms slow down within a week even without installing anything other than whatsapp which seems to work fine for on phones of my friends. So I might even leave android and go for the new Lumia 950. Anyway, never a Sony again because I'm still blaming them for not giving us a stable stock rom and kitkat. I'm done with them, I'm done with this phone and I might be done with android.

So yeah... that is basically the rage this phone has given me.

edit: usually I'm a really, really calm and patient guy... really... but this phone got under my skin so many times, I can stand some amount of lag, but not this amount. I'm traumatised for life.

could you just try this :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...ttery-t3245164
19th November 2015, 07:46 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Sometimes I don't like how it lags.
But it's cool to use custom Roms on it.
I have it since 2013, but I want to buy a new one, lag free.
22nd November 2015, 04:17 PM |#10  
Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
as long as i get new ROMS to try .. i love xsp
25th November 2015, 10:38 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
using one right now, rooted but with JB 4.3 and stock ROM. it gave me quite a headache at first due to some lag/freezing issues. was able to resolve those issues after deleting the built-in Facebook app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes