Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 50,641 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Questions about rooting

Tip us?
 
alpi123
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default Questions about rooting

Could i root my phone to stock android? Could get theme like the original xperia z2? When i try to install flashtool it says NSIS error, if i root my device will i lost all of my data? Could i remove the root and get back to my android 4.3?
 
eSu.Matix
Old
#2  
eSu.Matix's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 430
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sofia
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpi123 View Post
Could i root my phone to stock android? Could get theme like the original xperia z2? When i try to install flashtool it says NSIS error, if i root my device will i lost all of my data? Could i remove the root and get back to my android 4.3?
I'm not really sure if you mean "flash" by "root" but yes. You can flash any stock ROM as long as your bootloader is locked. Your data will be wiped and you will no longer have root access.
It will be like a brand new phone.
Go check some guides on how to flash back to stock with flashtool.
Use Google for NSIS error fix. I think there are alot of guides aswell.
Motorola Moto G @ Android 4.4.2 | CyanogenMod 11
Sony Xperia SP @ Android 4.4.4 | Paranoid NeXus
Phone history: Nokia 8210 → Motorola C350 → Motorola E365 → Motorola C980 → Nokia E50 → Nokia 6500(classic) → Nokia C5-03 → Motorola XT720 → Motorola Atrix → Motorola Moto G & Sony Xperia SP
 
alpi123
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSu.Matix View Post
I'm not really sure if you mean "flash" by "root" but yes. You can flash any stock ROM as long as your bootloader is locked. Your data will be wiped and you will no longer have root access.
It will be like a brand new phone.
Go check some guides on how to flash back to stock with flashtool.
Use Google for NSIS error fix. I think there are alot of guides aswell.
Thank you so much, but where do i get the stock roms? I searched and saw the cynamogen (dunno if its right) but i want real stock experience, the cyanmogen is different
 
eSu.Matix
Old
#4  
eSu.Matix's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 430
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sofia
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpi123 View Post
Thank you so much, but where do i get the stock roms? I searched and saw the cynamogen (dunno if its right) but i want real stock experience, the cyanmogen is different
You need to use XperiaFirm software to download the official ROM and convert it into ftf.

Here are some Tutorials from @mrjraider

http://forum.xda-developers.com/cros...nvert-t2837097

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658952

Just read carefully and read the steps.
P.S. If you have unlocked your bootloader, you need to restore your DRM Keys, then lock it again.
Good Luck!
Motorola Moto G @ Android 4.4.2 | CyanogenMod 11
Sony Xperia SP @ Android 4.4.4 | Paranoid NeXus
Phone history: Nokia 8210 → Motorola C350 → Motorola E365 → Motorola C980 → Nokia E50 → Nokia 6500(classic) → Nokia C5-03 → Motorola XT720 → Motorola Atrix → Motorola Moto G & Sony Xperia SP
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes