No registration required

Rom differences?

OP MetalOllie

18th July 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

191 posts
More
Can someone explain the specific differences between the various ROMS for LBL please. I'm looking at Paranoid, CM11, neXus CM and Slimkat, and am interested in the differences between them. I don't want to know which is "best".. I understand that a rom is like tea or coffee.. A matter of personal preference; I'm more interested in the specifics.

Cheers!
19th July 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

47 posts
Please try them out as different users have different opinions

Sent from my C5303
20th July 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #3  
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 21

103 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalOllie

Can someone explain the specific differences between the various ROMS for LBL please. I'm looking at Paranoid, CM11, neXus CM and Slimkat, and am interested in the differences between them. I don't want to know which is "best".. I understand that a rom is like tea or coffee.. A matter of personal preference; I'm more interested in the specifics.

Cheers!

I have used SlimKAT and Paranoid Nexus. The main differences I felt were that Slim had some Slim related features like it had CRT screen off effect, options to use pie controls (even not in immersive mode). Its pie controls were very nice. And Paranoid had its own charms for example it has Android 4.4.4 while SlimKAT has 4.2.2. Also that Slim had some shake controls - pretty nice they were.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote:

Cheers!

Also that Paranoid has pretty responsive pie controls though they only appear in immsersive mode. Paranoid has active development community. It has OTA. It's being built and updated on daily basis.
The Following User Says Thank You to shahrukhqasim For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 33

325 posts
More
And is ota working for XSP?
29th July 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lahore, Pakistan
Thanks Meter: 4,046

3,255 posts
More
Quote:

Cheers!

I think its a valid and different question than most people ask here.

All these ROMs have slightly different FRAMEWORKS. Thats it. No other magic. Just that.
MIUI, Chameloen, Touchwiz, Sense, LG, they all have different, very unique frameworks. But these ROMs generally have 20-30% differences in framework and rest is google based.

If u need further detailed info, PM me.

Maybe a couple of different apps, but all apps pretty much run on all these. Unless a specific closed source app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread