Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 53,113 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rom differences?

Tip us?

MetalOllie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Rom differences?

Can someone explain the specific differences between the various ROMS for LBL please. I'm looking at Paranoid, CM11, neXus CM and Slimkat, and am interested in the differences between them. I don't want to know which is "best".. I understand that a rom is like tea or coffee.. A matter of personal preference; I'm more interested in the specifics.

Cheers!
Sony Xperia SP C5303 Nexus P-A-C 4.4.4, LBL. Viper4Android, Pon3, Elements of Fidelity, ExtremeBeats Studio.

creepycow
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Please try them out as different users have different opinions

Sent from my C5303

shahrukhqasim
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalOllie View Post
Can someone explain the specific differences between the various ROMS for LBL please. I'm looking at Paranoid, CM11, neXus CM and Slimkat, and am interested in the differences between them. I don't want to know which is "best".. I understand that a rom is like tea or coffee.. A matter of personal preference; I'm more interested in the specifics.

Cheers!
I have used SlimKAT and Paranoid Nexus. The main differences I felt were that Slim had some Slim related features like it had CRT screen off effect, options to use pie controls (even not in immersive mode). Its pie controls were very nice. And Paranoid had its own charms for example it has Android 4.4.4 while SlimKAT has 4.2.2. Also that Slim had some shake controls - pretty nice they were.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote:

Cheers!
Also that Paranoid has pretty responsive pie controls though they only appear in immsersive mode. Paranoid has active development community. It has OTA. It's being built and updated on daily basis.
The Following User Says Thank You to shahrukhqasim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

korenisko
Old
Thanks Meter 33
And is ota working for XSP?
X10 mini -> Desire S CM 7.1 nightly r2 -> CyanogenMod 9a with Revolutionary hboot (good work, guys) -> XPERIA P stock JB .100 slightly modded -> XPERIA L C2105 stock 4.2.2 -> XPERIA SP C5303 -> XPERIA Z1c - stock

neXus PRIME
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,498
Quote:

Cheers!
I think its a valid and different question than most people ask here.

All these ROMs have slightly different FRAMEWORKS. Thats it. No other magic. Just that.
MIUI, Chameloen, Touchwiz, Sense, LG, they all have different, very unique frameworks. But these ROMs generally have 20-30% differences in framework and rest is google based.

If u need further detailed info, PM me.

Maybe a couple of different apps, but all apps pretty much run on all these. Unless a specific closed source app.