FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Tangerine ≥10 - XSP versions affected by 1.4 GHZ bug vs. XSP versions free this bug

121 posts
Thanks Meter: 60

By varioventus, Senior Member on 19th November 2015, 08:34 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm trying to narrow the source of the infamous 1.4 Ghz scale CPU issue. For those who are not experience this, I will explain: on Tangerine ≥10 kernel versions, the CPU won't scale over 1458 Mhz. It works just fine on stock kernel or Tangerine pre-version 10.
I've erased and format everything, even removed the SD-card, fresh install of CM 12.1 and a few custom ROM that were reported as working nice with T-Kernel ≥10... not a change, it won't go over 1.4 Ghz. I'm trying to figure out what's causing this wild behavior, it might be the device subversion. So, please post your Xperia SP version and what's your case - it's your Tangerine (versions ≥10) allows for CPU frequencies over 1458 Mhz? Thank you!

C5303 14W07 TYPE: PM-0350-BV NOT WORKING

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to varioventus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift varioventus Ad-Free

10th December 2015, 09:01 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by varioventus

I'm trying to narrow the source of the infamous 1.4 Ghz scale CPU issue. For those who are not experience this, I will explain: on Tangerine ≥10 kernel versions, the CPU won't scale over 1458 Mhz. It works just fine on stock kernel or Tangerine pre-version 10.
I've erased and format everything, even removed the SD-card, fresh install of CM 12.1 and a few custom ROM that were reported as working nice with T-Kernel ≥10... not a change, it won't go over 1.4 Ghz. I'm trying to figure out what's causing this wild behavior, it might be the device subversion. So, please post your Xperia SP version and what's your case - it's your Tangerine (versions ≥10) allows for CPU frequencies over 1458 Mhz? Thank you!

C5303 14W07 TYPE: PM-0350-BV NOT WORKING

It's happening with me too
14th December 2015, 10:16 PM |#3  
Flag Trieste
Thanks Meter: 2,549

More
@varioventus this is an old thread but I want to write this anyway. The issue appears only when using the "clean L2 frequency table".
The difference between the label on your SP and mine (on which the issue doesn't exist) is that on the right side I see:
Model: C5303
14W18
SI: 1272-2536
There's something different in the hardware. It's the only explanation!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomoms For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tomoms Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)