Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,927 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Testing Firefox OS in Xperia SP

Tip us?

boylush
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavthombare View Post
Do you have any idea about eta? I know I shouldn't ask but still, a rough idea?
ETA depends on Adam as he is setting up a auto build server i heard... , all features should be working already , just awaiting release...

hejo619
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavthombare View Post
I had one question always.
Can we xsp users multi boot?
No!

Sent from my C5302 using Tapatalk

antoyn
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Waiting for the firefox os for sp eagerly. Hope to see it can bring a totally new user experience to sp users

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to antoyn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MH-Droid
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Im waiting too.. Its very good to see Firefox os working on my sp..I'd like to see Ubuntu os too..

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

antoyn
Old
Thanks Meter 12
No new news?

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

adfad666
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,212

DONATE TO ME
I'm curious, what are you guys 'eager' to see this?

The reason for no release is due to camera. From what I can tell the camera blobs depend on some Android specific parts which will never be part of FxOS (of course).

Unless this is solved then I will probably not release this for Xperia SP as nobody will use it without a functioning camera.

I'm considering getting Xperia E1 to continue this project as this hardware is better supported in FxOS and it also looks like the camera blobs do not have this limitation.
The dawn of mobile phones
Ericsson GA 628 => Nokia 5110 => Siemens C35i => Siemens C45

The age of colour screens and polyphonic ringtones
Motorola C350 => Sony Ericsson T610 => Sony Ericsson T630 => Sony Ericsson K790i => Sony Ericsson T250i

The age of Android
LG Optimus One => Sony XPERIA J => Sony XPERIA SP => Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact
The Following User Says Thank You to adfad666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

noahvt
Old
Thanks Meter 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfad666 View Post
I'm curious, what are you guys 'eager' to see this?

The reason for no release is due to camera. From what I can tell the camera blobs depend on some Android specific parts which will never be part of FxOS (of course).

Unless this is solved then I will probably not release this for Xperia SP as nobody will use it without a functioning camera.

I'm considering getting Xperia E1 to continue this project as this hardware is better supported in FxOS and it also looks like the camera blobs do not have this limitation.
You caused it lol by posting this and showing a video everyone got all excited also you could just release non working build like many devs do with their custom ROMs: on some phones the phone might never have working wi-fi on custom ROMs (desire c fixed after about a year of tinkering) or if you check out the HTC one x custom ROMs they have a lot of stuff broken too!

Sent from my Xperia SP using XDA Free mobile app
MY DEVICES:

XPERIA SP (C5303)
-CPU: 1.7ghz(DUAL) QUALCOMM SNAPDRAGON S4 PRO
-RAM: 1GB
-BOARD: MSM8960T
-GPU: Adreno 320
-ROM: [KK 4.4.3] OFFICIAL CM11 Nightly
-KERNEL: [CM11]Williams kernel V2

Asus Transformer tf300t (CARDHU)
-CPU: 1.7GHz( QUAD, OC ) TEGRA3 T30L
-RAM: 1GB
-BOARD: Cardhu
-GPU: TEGRA3
-ROM: MULTIBOOT: Xubuntu, ubuntu touch, cm11, Cromi-X, omni, Dirty Unicorns

SONY SW2
-CPU: 200MHZ(SINGLE) QUALCOMM M3

adfad666
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,212

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahvt View Post
... you could just release non working build like many devs do with their custom ROMs ...
No way, missing camera (and bluetooth) are missing features too big to warrant a release.

Besides, would anyone really permanently switch from Android to FxOS on Xperia SP if I fixed these two issues and released it? I'd bet money on it that people would use it for a couple of hours maximum, then realize they need the Google services that push all notifications to the phone.

(FxOS doesn't have push notifications for most things, pretty much everything has to be reloaded / refreshed manually, even syncing contact data.)
The dawn of mobile phones
Ericsson GA 628 => Nokia 5110 => Siemens C35i => Siemens C45

The age of colour screens and polyphonic ringtones
Motorola C350 => Sony Ericsson T610 => Sony Ericsson T630 => Sony Ericsson K790i => Sony Ericsson T250i

The age of Android
LG Optimus One => Sony XPERIA J => Sony XPERIA SP => Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact
The Following User Says Thank You to adfad666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dr.TheMaster
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default tested on older device..

I have already tested Firefox OS on my older Xperia E Dual device.. it kinda sucked.. I didn't like the way it felt and it was laggy and super slow.. maybe it is better here in XSP