Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,005 Members 38,206 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Walkman Widget (tip)

Tip us?

MetalOllie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Walkman Widget (tip)

Apologies if this has already been posted.. The latest version of Walkman (8.4.A.1.4) appears to finally allow use of the Walkman Widget in third party launchers, and on custom ROMS, something previously unavailable, which was incredibly annoying if, like me, you use Nova or Apex. Adding some widgets to my launcher, I spotted the Walkman widget in the list and it works perfectly. I'm currently running CM11 with Nova and finally have access to widget, so if you've been missing it, or trying to use third party widgets, it's now available regardless of which launcher you use.
I can't confirm if it works on Stock with a third party launcher, but I can't see any reason why it shouldn't,, perhaps someone on a stock based rom could confirm.

It's nice to finally have the widget available, so thought I'd pass on the tip!
Sony Xperia SP C5303 Nexus P-A-C 4.4.4, LBL. Viper4Android, Pon3, Elements of Fidelity, ExtremeBeats Studio.

igor_anta
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Yup, it works on any rom with any launcher. The only difference is that stock roms still have the MusicWidget.apk so you practically have 2 widgets to choose from on stock Sony launcher.