FORUMS

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

The XSP has been a disappointment.

2nd April 2015, 02:04 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Midlands
Thanks Meter: 96

More
So I've got my new device, and I'm so glad to be rid of my SP, I bought it around April 2014 for 250 and at the time, it sounded like a decent performer on paper. Then we got our first update, pretty buggy, then we got the news of the 4.4 update being cancelled. Then FXP moved us to a legacy device. Today, I sold my device for a measly 25 at cash converters after CeX said my loud speaker was too distorted and couldn't be accepted.

I still to this day don't understand why the phones memory management was so horrible. 1gb should be enough to get by, all I got was crashes, even on the lock screen and system ui.

I hope people who still have the SP can move on from what has been a massive let down for me. Anyone looking to pick one up for cheap, avoid it unless the disco lights draw you in like they did to me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donk165 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

3rd April 2015, 12:41 AM |#2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk165

So I've got my new device, and I'm so glad to be rid of my SP, I bought it around April 2014 for 250 and at the time, it sounded like a decent performer on paper. Then we got our first update, pretty buggy, then we got the news of the 4.4 update being cancelled. Then FXP moved us to a legacy device. Today, I sold my device for a measly 25 at cash converters after CeX said my loud speaker was too distorted and couldn't be accepted.

I still to this day don't understand why the phones memory management was so horrible. 1gb should be enough to get by, all I got was crashes, even on the lock screen and system ui.

I hope people who still have the SP can move on from what has been a massive let down for me. Anyone looking to pick one up for cheap, avoid it unless the disco lights draw you in like they did to me.

+1, it was mainly the lights that attracted me as well (and cheap price, I got mine from an ebay auction for 160 ). Decent hardware/beautiful design but let down by poor software, 1GB RAM is plenty. I should be getting my replacement very soon as well .

Tbh my experience with Sony has only gotten worse with time, I remember back when I was using the Xperia X8-happy days .
The Following User Says Thank You to ShinOrochiX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2015, 01:09 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
another unhappy customer
crappy screen, constant lag!!! my samsung s2 and nexus7 2012 blow this thing away. i have ordered a new phone and am actually looking forward to smashing this thing with a hammer!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joesnose For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2015, 05:48 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Same here... I hate my XSP. Battery life is bad, buggy update, 4.4 cancelled... I need new phone but don't know what to buy. I am considering XZ3C but its Sony.....
3rd April 2015, 06:21 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Yea, the worst part I thought the phone is very good and and comes near the s4 when I bought it, because of the benchmarks. This is the last time I trust benchmarks. I have got my phone since 1 year and I think I will wait for the note 5 .
3rd April 2015, 01:11 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
For the money the XP has very decent specs. Yet somehow no matter which ROM I use there always seem to be lag issues. My wife's S2 performs much better in that respect even though its specs are somewhat lower.

I noticed that greenifying background apps help a lot to reduce lag in day to day usage. But still whenever I do some multitasking, e.g. switching to a music app while tracking my run using runtastic, the phone lags.

It would be very interesting to find out why the SP with its more than decent specs is so laggy.
3rd April 2015, 05:26 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
del
3rd April 2015, 10:27 PM |#8  
Flag Prešov
Thanks Meter: 21

More
So

Ever since i saw this phone i was like MUST HAVE THIS
When i finally bought it last year it was huge upgrade from xperia mini pro that i has.
But as time passed i was seeing the flaws that i cant unseen.
UNRESPONSIVE DIGITALIZER OMG SO BAD - any custom rom and sometimes even on STOCK
The hw seems good, i dont know where the problem is but this phone is just too slow, i think it is because of slow internal memory.
I cant affort upgrade so......

Running RR 5.4.0 Finally working well...... (still ram problems like any other rom on this phone.....)
5th April 2015, 08:27 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Yes the hardware lied to me too. I had a phone with 15k on antutu and ran smoother than xsp. I sold it yesterday. I don't have much money so I will buy a budget device like lg l bello or lenovo a6000 and they will still be better than this xsp.
9th April 2015, 06:11 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,360

More
yea, we all have something in common.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread