[Q] I lost all my internal storage data?

Search This thread

LoizosAristides

Jan 16, 2013
Limassol
Hello,

Yesterday I was trying to install a custom rom on my Xperia SP. Long story short the ROMS I tried were working fine but the screen was flickering cause of the kernel. So I tried switching back to the stock ftf and kernel (12.1.A.1.207). It all worked fine, until I realised that every picture/music/app data and in general, every single file I had on the internal storage was gone! It's as if I had just bought the phone, with only a few folders on the internal storage as it showed on ES File Explorer...

What's weird is that the external sd card is fine. Everything I had from the previous phone is still there.

I have installed a ton of ROMS on my previous phone, but nothing like this had happened. So I thought I didn't have to do a backup... Any thoughts what could've gone wrong? Was the internal storage formatted somehow? Please... I lost all my pictures with my friends/family :(

Thanks in advance...

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
Hello,

Yesterday I was trying to install a custom rom on my Xperia SP. Long story short the ROMS I tried were working fine but the screen was flickering cause of the kernel. So I tried switching back to the stock ftf and kernel (12.1.A.1.207). It all worked fine, until I realised that every picture/music/app data and in general, every single file I had on the internal storage was gone! It's as if I had just bought the phone, with only a few folders on the internal storage as it showed on ES File Explorer...

What's weird is that the external sd card is fine. Everything I had from the previous phone is still there.

I have installed a ton of ROMS on my previous phone, but nothing like this had happened. So I thought I didn't have to do a backup... Any thoughts what could've gone wrong? Was the internal storage formatted somehow? Please... I lost all my pictures with my friends/family :(

Thanks in advance...

You flashed the ftf in flashtool? There's an option in flashtool to skip data wipe, if you don't check it it will format the internal storage

Sent from my Xperia SP using XDA Free mobile app

LoizosAristides

Jan 16, 2013
Limassol
You flashed the ftf in flashtool? There's an option in flashtool to skip data wipe, if you don't check it it will format the internal storage

Sent from my Xperia SP using XDA Free mobile app
\

Wow really? I've flashed an ftf yeah, but I wanted to switch from the flickering screen of cyanogenmod to a stock ftf file.

Anyway, I flashed a lot of ftfs on my old Xperia Tipo in the past, and I was always ticking "wipe data". But all it was doing was a factory reset...not formatting my storage...

Do you know a possible recovery program? Because I'm trying to find one right now :)

LoizosAristides

Jan 16, 2013
Limassol
Your post doesn't make any sense... :confused:

Well yeah :D

Anyway...I decided to move on. After searching for a while, I discovered that you can retrieve lost files, but only those which were on the external sd card, which was fine for me. SO IF ANYONE ELSE LOST HIS/HER DATA ON THE INTERNAL STORAGE, DON'T EVEN BOTHER WITH RECOVERY PROGRAMS, THEY ONLY WORK FOR THE SD CARD. TRUST ME, I TRIED ALMOST EACH ONE OF THEM.

I downloaded all the songs/games I had before.., but I cared about my pictures videos much more than my game's progress :(
I flashed the good old 12.1.A.1.205 ftf and it works just fine...

It's a shame you can't install custom roms in this phone without having the screen flickering all the time when u flash a custom kernel...

Thanks for the help guys :)