Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] XPERIA SP C5303 Still stuck on 12.0.A.1.211

OP INKT

2nd July 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I bought a unbranded XPERIA SP two months ago and I am still stuck on Android 4.1.2 and the phone has the build number 12.0.A.1.211

Using the OTA and desktop update I keep on getting that my phone is up to date.

I looked up the customization number with *#*#7378423#*#* > 'Service info' > 'Software info' > 'Customization Version') and it is 1273-0043_R2A
Using XperiaUpdateChecker.exe and Google I cannot find anything about the customization number.

Based on advice from some users I rootded the phone and changed the Customization Version and still did not get the update.

How do I upgrade to the latest Android 4.3 version?
2nd July 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 107

645 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by INKT

I bought a unbranded XPERIA SP two months ago and I am still stuck on Android 4.1.2 and the phone has the build number 12.0.A.1.211

Using the OTA and desktop update I keep on getting that my phone is up to date.

I looked up the customization number with *#*#7378423#*#* > 'Service info' > 'Software info' > 'Customization Version') and it is 1273-0043_R2A
Using XperiaUpdateChecker.exe and Google I cannot find anything about the customization number.

Based on advice from some users I rootded the phone and changed the Customization Version and still did not get the update.

How do I upgrade to the latest Android 4.3 version?

Flash 4.3 firmware with flashtool (see development threads)
2nd July 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanostray

Flash 4.3 firmware with flashtool (see development threads)

Thank you. Is there no official way to get 4.3 without having to flash my phone (with the risk of loosing data).
2nd July 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2,161

4,301 posts
No you wont loose data.. See my guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658952
The Following User Says Thank You to mrjraider For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjraider

No you wont loose data.. See my guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658952

Thank you. This was helpful. I am now using the latest firmware and Android 4.3.

Unfortunatly I made a backup using Sony PC Companion and it does no longer allow me to restore all my files. So I have lost everything except pictures and the things Google saves, like contacts.!

For anyone reading this and want to update. Please do not use Sony PCC as a backup tool! Find some other way.
Last edited by INKT; 3rd July 2014 at 02:26 PM.
3rd July 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #6  

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by INKT

Thank you. This was helpful. I am now using the latest firmware and Android 4.3.

Unfortunatly I made a backup using Sony PC Companion and it does no longer allow me to restore all my files. So I have lost everything except pictures and the things Google saves, like contacts.!

For anyone reading this and want to update. Please do not use Sony PCC as a backup tool! Find some other way.

I had exactly the same problem. I used this guide to retrieve my data from the PCC backup:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...06&postcount=3

The procedure is quite tedious, because you have to basically extract one app at a time from the backup. But it works.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread