Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 53,594 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Not really a device specific question but still.

Tip us?
 
CrimsonCrap
Old
(Last edited by CrimsonCrap; 21st August 2014 at 03:19 PM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 49
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Rawalpindi
Default Not really a device specific question but still.

Hello.

I don't know where to post this so please forgive me if this is the wrong section.

I am trying to use a script http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2359182 to turn on ram swap via swapfile but I am getting some errors. I have attached screenshots of those errors.
By doing some research i have found out that my busybox version does not support some functions essential for the script to work.I have also attached a screenshot that enlists those functions.
Long story short, I want to know which version of busybox does support the functions that I need.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-21-13-46-29.png
Views:	23
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	2906382   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-21-15-19-01.png
Views:	22
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	2906383  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cats.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (197.8 KB, 14 views)
 
mrjraider
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,133
Posts: 4,287
Join Date: Jul 2012
Next time post here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help

The last version should do the trick

~~Regards
 
CrimsonCrap
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 49
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Rawalpindi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjraider View Post
Next time post here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help

The last version should do the trick

~~Regards
Thats the problem.I've got the latest one.
 
mrjraider
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,133
Posts: 4,287
Join Date: Jul 2012
And does your device support it? (Dunno what your device it actually?)

Also you could try to use a lower version. I believe there are some older versions here on XDA-Devs

~~Regards
 
CrimsonCrap
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 49
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Rawalpindi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjraider View Post
And does your device support it? (Dunno what your device it actually?)

Also you could try to use a lower version. I believe there are some older versions here on XDA-Devs

~~Regards
I've got the SP (C5303).
But the problem is not device specific.
and yes I have checked for compatibility and it is indeed supported.
 
mrjraider
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,133
Posts: 4,287
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonCrap View Post
I've got the SP (C5303).
But the problem is not device specific.
and yes I have checked for compatibility and it is indeed supported.
Aha.. had no idea..

Uhm... Tried to search for an older version of busybox?

~~Regards
 
CrimsonCrap
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 49
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Rawalpindi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjraider View Post
Aha.. had no idea..

Uhm... Tried to search for an older version of busybox?

~~Regards
I've seached my ass off to be honest but to no avail. ;P
I was hoping for someone to point me in the right direction by giving me a link or something.
 
mrjraider
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,133
Posts: 4,287
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonCrap View Post
I've seached my ass off to be honest but to no avail. ;P
I was hoping for someone to point me in the right direction by giving me a link or something.
In that case you are talking about searching the web or torrents etc.. and this is waraz and against the XDA Rules
I have sent you a PM with some information

~~Regards
 
CrimsonCrap
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 49
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Rawalpindi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjraider View Post
In that case you are talking about searching the web or torrents etc.. and this is waraz and against the XDA Rules
I have sent you a PM with some information

~~Regards
Thanks for all the help.
I appreciate it.
I'll update soon with my progress.
 
CrimsonCrap
Old
#10  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 49
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Rawalpindi
Tried different versions of busybox with no luck.
Looks like im going to have to use CM11 now :/

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


And the Winners in the XDA Pebble Development Challenge Are…

Almost two months ago, we set out with Pebble to findthree amazing … more

MediaTek Releases Full Kernel Source for First Android One Devices

Those who might have thought that MediaTek wouldnever release working … more

Submitting a Patch to Gerrit – Featuring XplodWild – XDA Developer TV

Not every developer specializes in every area of … more

Learn How to Make a Live Wallpaper all by Yourself

Stillimages can bebeautiful, but some of you prefer to see animations on your screens. … more