Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,734 Members 42,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP!!! Bootloop

Tip us?
 
Kuvster2014
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 5
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default [Q] HELP!!! Bootloop

This is my first time using XDA. I can't post this in development threads, so I'm putting it here.
I am rooted, bootloaded locked, and have been using Existenz. When I updated to Existenz 4.0, (cleared cache and dalvic cache) I got a bootloop. It says SONY then that fades away. If I charge it, the bottom light glows red. If I connect to computer in flashmode (volume down) the bottom glows green. I have TWRP and CWM but don't know how to boot into them, as the thing my xperia sp normally does (bottom cycles through three colors, during which you hit a button to boot into recovery) isn't happening. I need urgent help. Thanks in advance
 
adil786ali63
Old
(Last edited by adil786ali63; 1st July 2014 at 11:01 AM.) Reason: info
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 43
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuvster2014 View Post
This is my first time using XDA. I can't post this in development threads, so I'm putting it here.
I am rooted, bootloaded locked, and have been using Existenz. When I updated to Existenz 4.0, (cleared cache and dalvic cache) I got a bootloop. It says SONY then that fades away. If I charge it, the bottom light glows red. If I connect to computer in flashmode (volume down) the bottom glows green. I have TWRP and CWM but don't know how to boot into them, as the thing my xperia sp normally does (bottom cycles through three colors, during which you hit a button to boot into recovery) isn't happening. I need urgent help. Thanks in advance
try flashing another recovery from flashtool... and flash the whole v4.0.0 existenz ROM... not the OTA
try it brother.. all the best!!!
 
Kuvster2014
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 5
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default Thanks, but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by adil786ali63 View Post
try flashing another recovery from flashtool... and flash the whole v4.0.0 existenz ROM... not the OTA
try it brother.. all the best!!!
Thanks, but what would I flash from flashtool (could you link me to a file??). I really have no idea how to get into a recovery. I can't even charge the phone without the bottom glowing green for a bit, then it getting stuck back into the bootloop.
 
adil786ali63
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 43
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuvster2014 View Post
Thanks, but what would I flash from flashtool (could you link me to a file??). I really have no idea how to get into a recovery. I can't even charge the phone without the bottom glowing green for a bit, then it getting stuck back into the bootloop.
try this kernel recovery i have attached... its doomkernel with advanced recovery
follow these steps :
open flashtool
connect your device in fastboot mode (volume up while connecting through usb)
it will show that your device is connected in fastboot mode
click the flash button
select fastboot
than click on flash kernel to flash
specify the path for the file
click ok and your recovery will be installed..

(extract the file first)
all the best bro..!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip SP-DooMKernel-1v13.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.98 MB, 3 views)
 
Oblox
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 441
Join Date: Oct 2012
Do not flash this kernel if you are bootloader locked as you said you were.

Just download a full 205 FTF and start from scratch with towelroot and recovery from dev section. Then reflash existenz.
 
Kuvster2014
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 5
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblox View Post
Do not flash this kernel if you are bootloader locked as you said you were.

Just download a full 205 FTF and start from scratch with towelroot and recovery from dev section. Then reflash existenz.
Thanks, do I flash the .205 ftf through flashtool? Do I clear data or cache or dalvic or what? Sorry but I need the specifics . I also thought towelroot only worked for kitkat, are you sure it works for xperia sp .205?
 
Oblox
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 441
Join Date: Oct 2012
Yes flash through flashtool, just make sure the TA partition isnt selected and then flash using default settings.

Yes towelroot works, ive used it loads of times myself.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes