OP david19au

9th July 2014, 08:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 4

104 posts
Donate to Me
More
As the title says, is this phone really worth buying? Or can this phone be comparable with iPhone 5? Well, since I already have an Android device which was Sammy Galaxy Mini, which I rooted in like one click on my PC. Well I read that for Xperia devices I need to unlock the bootloader, is that procedure hard or do I risk bricking the SP? And is flashing CWM/TWRP hard using Sonys "Flashtool" ? Well thanks to evryone who answers And btw. how much is CM11 buggy?
Last edited by david19au; 9th July 2014 at 10:31 AM.
9th July 2014, 10:10 AM   |  #2  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 54

163 posts
More
For the comparing part I can't say anything
But for CM 11, its not buggy and can be used as a daily driver
The Following User Says Thank You to pranavthombare For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Prague

104 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavthombare

For the comparing part I can't say anything
But for CM 11, its not buggy and can be used as a daily driver

Then You mean that its bugless?
9th July 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #4  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 54

163 posts
More
Yeah
The Following User Says Thank You to pranavthombare For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #5  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 22

26 posts
More
It's easy to unlock your boot loader, but you do not need to do it to get root, there are also recoveries for locked boot loaders. When you unlock your boot loader you lose the TA partition which is needed by Bravia Engine and other things, so you should root and backup TA before unlocking the boot loader.
The Following User Says Thank You to ArturGaspar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Prague

104 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturGaspar

It's easy to unlock your boot loader, but you do not need to do it to get root, there are also recoveries for locked boot loaders. When you unlock your boot loader you lose the TA partition which is needed by Bravia Engine and other things, so you should root and backup TA before unlocking the boot loader.

Ok, so if I unlock the bootloader, I'll lose BE2 engine and some other stuff but i can't flash any custom roms nor edit /system files, am I right? And btw. nobody knows if the SP can be comparable with the iPhone? And also, did anyone tried Viper4Android? I don't know if it's conflicting w/ xLoud
Last edited by david19au; 9th July 2014 at 05:40 PM.
9th July 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #7  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 385

1,205 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by david19au

Ok, so if I unlock the bootloader, I'll lose BE2 engine and some other stuff but i can't flash any custom roms nor edit /system files, am I right? And btw. nobody knows if the SP can be comparable with the iPhone? And also, did anyone tried Viper4Android? I don't know if it's conflicting w/ xLoud

I saw a comparison video between iPhone 5 and sp but that only shows the boot up time: the sp booted up a few milliseconds later than the iPhone 5 and that was back when the xsp was released and still on 4.1 and I don't know how it will stack up against the iPhone with android 4.3/custom ROMs

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium HD app
Last edited by noahvt; 9th July 2014 at 06:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to noahvt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 02:10 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Prague

104 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahvt

I saw a comparison video between iPhone 5 and sp but that only shows the boot up time: the sp booted up a few milliseconds later than the iPhone 5 and that was back when the xsp was released and still on 4.1 and I don't know how it will stack up against the iPhone with android 4.3/custom ROMs

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium HD app

Well, my actual thing, i'm looking at the XSP is because I already own the iPhone 5 but I can't use it much because my parents ( they always worriying about I would be silly and I would lose my phone so I can't use it any other time since they are not at home ) So I'm considering because in Czech there is a discount for the XSP and my parents said that I could ( if I leave the iPhone 5 for my mother ) use the XSP any time I want. Should I go for it? And btw. why can't I found the CM11 for the XSP on FXP site..? (XSP is "Huaishan" or?)
Last edited by david19au; 10th July 2014 at 02:13 AM.
10th July 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #9  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 385

1,205 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by david19au

Well, my actual thing, i'm looking at the XSP is because I already own the iPhone 5 but I can't use it much because my parents ( they always worriying about I would be silly and I would lose my phone so I can't use it any other time since they are not at home ) So I'm considering because in Czech there is a discount for the XSP and my parents said that I could ( if I leave the iPhone 5 for my mother ) use the XSP any time I want. Should I go for it? And btw. why can't I found the CM11 for the XSP on FXP site..? (XSP is "Huaishan" or?)

Forget FXP for now... We have official cm nightlies available on the cyanogenmod website and the device codename is huashan! Or you can go to android development and install the locked bootloader version

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app
10th July 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Prague

104 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahvt

Forget FXP for now... We have official cm nightlies available on the cyanogenmod website and the device codename is huashan! Or you can go to android development and install the locked bootloader version

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app

Oh! Official? Well, thats good, I'm thinking more forward for this device now... How about the Apple Earpods? I founded out that I can't use third-party headphones, is that right?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread