Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is This Phone Worth Buying?

Tip us?

david19au
Old
(Last edited by david19au; 9th July 2014 at 09:31 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Is This Phone Worth Buying?

As the title says, is this phone really worth buying? Or can this phone be comparable with iPhone 5? Well, since I already have an Android device which was Sammy Galaxy Mini, which I rooted in like one click on my PC. Well I read that for Xperia devices I need to unlock the bootloader, is that procedure hard or do I risk bricking the SP? And is flashing CWM/TWRP hard using Sonys "Flashtool" ? Well thanks to evryone who answers And btw. how much is CM11 buggy?

pranavthombare
Old
Thanks Meter 24
For the comparing part I can't say anything
But for CM 11, its not buggy and can be used as a daily driver
The Following User Says Thank You to pranavthombare For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

david19au
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavthombare View Post
For the comparing part I can't say anything
But for CM 11, its not buggy and can be used as a daily driver
Then You mean that its bugless?

pranavthombare
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Yeah
The Following User Says Thank You to pranavthombare For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ArturGaspar
Old
Thanks Meter 6
It's easy to unlock your boot loader, but you do not need to do it to get root, there are also recoveries for locked boot loaders. When you unlock your boot loader you lose the TA partition which is needed by Bravia Engine and other things, so you should root and backup TA before unlocking the boot loader.
The Following User Says Thank You to ArturGaspar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

david19au
Old
(Last edited by david19au; 9th July 2014 at 04:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturGaspar View Post
It's easy to unlock your boot loader, but you do not need to do it to get root, there are also recoveries for locked boot loaders. When you unlock your boot loader you lose the TA partition which is needed by Bravia Engine and other things, so you should root and backup TA before unlocking the boot loader.
Ok, so if I unlock the bootloader, I'll lose BE2 engine and some other stuff but i can't flash any custom roms nor edit /system files, am I right? And btw. nobody knows if the SP can be comparable with the iPhone? And also, did anyone tried Viper4Android? I don't know if it's conflicting w/ xLoud

noahvt
Old
(Last edited by noahvt; 9th July 2014 at 05:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by david19au View Post
Ok, so if I unlock the bootloader, I'll lose BE2 engine and some other stuff but i can't flash any custom roms nor edit /system files, am I right? And btw. nobody knows if the SP can be comparable with the iPhone? And also, did anyone tried Viper4Android? I don't know if it's conflicting w/ xLoud
I saw a comparison video between iPhone 5 and sp but that only shows the boot up time: the sp booted up a few milliseconds later than the iPhone 5 and that was back when the xsp was released and still on 4.1 and I don't know how it will stack up against the iPhone with android 4.3/custom ROMs

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium HD app
MY DEVICES:

XPERIA SP (C5303)
-CPU: 1.7ghz(DUAL) QUALCOMM SNAPDRAGON S4 PRO
-RAM: 1GB
-BOARD: MSM8960T
-GPU: Adreno 320
-ROM: [KK 4.4.3] OFFICIAL CM11 Nightly
-KERNEL: [CM11]Williams kernel V2

Asus Transformer tf300t (CARDHU)
-CPU: 1.8GHz( QUAD, OC ) TEGRA3 T30L
-BOARD: Cardhu
-GPU: TEGRA3
-ROM: MULTIBOOT: Xubuntu, ubuntu touch, cm11, Cromi-X, omni, Dirty Unicorns
The Following User Says Thank You to noahvt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

david19au
Old
(Last edited by david19au; 10th July 2014 at 01:13 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahvt View Post
I saw a comparison video between iPhone 5 and sp but that only shows the boot up time: the sp booted up a few milliseconds later than the iPhone 5 and that was back when the xsp was released and still on 4.1 and I don't know how it will stack up against the iPhone with android 4.3/custom ROMs

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium HD app
Well, my actual thing, i'm looking at the XSP is because I already own the iPhone 5 but I can't use it much because my parents ( they always worriying about I would be silly and I would lose my phone so I can't use it any other time since they are not at home ) So I'm considering because in Czech there is a discount for the XSP and my parents said that I could ( if I leave the iPhone 5 for my mother ) use the XSP any time I want. Should I go for it? And btw. why can't I found the CM11 for the XSP on FXP site..? (XSP is "Huaishan" or?)

noahvt
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by david19au View Post
Well, my actual thing, i'm looking at the XSP is because I already own the iPhone 5 but I can't use it much because my parents ( they always worriying about I would be silly and I would lose my phone so I can't use it any other time since they are not at home ) So I'm considering because in Czech there is a discount for the XSP and my parents said that I could ( if I leave the iPhone 5 for my mother ) use the XSP any time I want. Should I go for it? And btw. why can't I found the CM11 for the XSP on FXP site..? (XSP is "Huaishan" or?)
Forget FXP for now... We have official cm nightlies available on the cyanogenmod website and the device codename is huashan! Or you can go to android development and install the locked bootloader version

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app
MY DEVICES:

XPERIA SP (C5303)
-CPU: 1.7ghz(DUAL) QUALCOMM SNAPDRAGON S4 PRO
-BOARD: MSM8960T
-GPU: Adreno 320
-ROM: [KK 4.4.3] OFFICIAL CM11 Nightly
-KERNEL: [CM11]Williams kernel V2

Asus Transformer tf300t (CARDHU)
-CPU: 1.8GHz( QUAD, OC ) TEGRA3 T30L
-BOARD: Cardhu
-GPU: TEGRA3
-ROM: MULTIBOOT: Xubuntu, ubuntu touch, cm11, Cromi-X, omni, Dirty Unicorns

david19au
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahvt View Post
Forget FXP for now... We have official cm nightlies available on the cyanogenmod website and the device codename is huashan! Or you can go to android development and install the locked bootloader version

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app
Oh! Official? Well, thats good, I'm thinking more forward for this device now... How about the Apple Earpods? I founded out that I can't use third-party headphones, is that right?