I have received a brand new Xperia SP just a few days ago and I'm getting ready to install CyanogenMod 11. I actually chose this model specifically because there is a version of CM 11 with a lot of users.
Before getting my hands dirty, I am gathering all the documentation and info I can about it, and I'd like a confirmation I'm not forgetting anything or about to do anything wrong... This seems more complicated than what I did a year ago on my Galaxy Ace LOL!
For the record I'll be using an OpenSUSE Linux desktop. No windows here. So I guess this can also be used as a roadmap for other Linux users.
So my steps would be...
1. Get my IMEI number by typing #06# on the phone's keyboard then use it to get the unlocking code from http://unlockbootloader.sonyericsson.com/instructions
2. Download the latest ROM for "Huashan" from http://fxpblog.co/cyanogenmod/cyanogenmod-11/ - or should I take the one from http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=huashan ?
3. Extract boot.img from it, put it on the external SD card. Also put the whole zip there.
4. Place the phone in USB debugging mode by turning it off, then holding the up volume button then plugging in the mini-usb cable. It should flash blue (already tested).
5. Root the device using http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2327472 - my version (12.1.A.0.266) is more recent than the one this was tested with (12.0.A.1.284) I hope this still works... As I understand rooting would be required only to backup the TA partition, correct?
6. Backup the TA partition using Flashtool (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...x#post46114879) which I got from http://www.flashtool.net/download.php - note to anyone attempting this: you will need Java 1.8 (I originally had Java 1.7 and Flashtool wouldn't start). Also, a specific Udev rule is required, see the "installation" page on Flashtool's website.
7. Install the Android SDK in order to have the "fastboot" tool.
8. Unlock the bootloader by running in a console: fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY (where KEY is the key obtained at #1).
9. In a console run fastboot -i 0xfce flash boot boot.img and then fastboot -i 0xfce reboot
10. While rebooting, press the volume buttons a few times to start in recovery mode
11. Once in CWM, do wipe data / factory reset and then install zip from card
From there I should only have to install the Gapps from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942 and I should be good to go...
Did I forget anything?