Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,674 Members 37,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] is SP worth buying?

Tip us?

Bigkiler5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155
Default [Q] is SP worth buying?

i am planning to buy a new xperia SP but the fact that sony stopped manufacturing the device made me stop right there. it is of the same price as the xperia C but it has worse specs except for the quadcore processor. i am basically a gamer guy and i dont like the samsung's shi*ty touchwiz UI. i am completely comfortable with rooting and development but not rich enough o get a high end device every year. every help will me appreciated.
thanks in advance

jaison thomas
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkiler5 View Post
i am planning to buy a new xperia SP but the fact that sony stopped manufacturing the device made me stop right there. it is of the same price as the xperia C but it has worse specs except for the quadcore processor. i am basically a gamer guy and i dont like the samsung's shi*ty touchwiz UI. i am completely comfortable with rooting and development but not rich enough o get a high end device every year. every help will me appreciated.
thanks in advance
no, find some better alternatives.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaison thomas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

umair42
Old
Thanks Meter 821
If you only want a phone that runs games perfectly then you can buy this phone.It has a powerful processor and gpu and is capable of running high end games.It also features a large battery so you can get good battery life as well.
Hit Thanks If I Helped You

Sony Xperia SP C5303

noahvt
Old
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkiler5 View Post
thanks in advance
For what price can you buy the xsp?

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app
MY DEVICES:

XPERIA SP (C5303)
-CPU: 1.7ghz(DUAL) QUALCOMM SNAPDRAGON S4 PRO
-RAM: 1GB
-BOARD: MSM8960T
-GPU: Adreno 320
-ROM: [KK 4.4.3] OFFICIAL CM11 Nightly
-KERNEL: [CM11]Williams kernel V2

Asus Transformer tf300t (CARDHU)
-CPU: 1.7GHz( QUAD, OC ) TEGRA3 T30L
-RAM: 1GB
-BOARD: Cardhu
-GPU: TEGRA3
-ROM: MULTIBOOT: Xubuntu, ubuntu touch, cm11, Cromi-X, omni, Dirty Unicorns

SONY SW2
-CPU: 200MHZ(SINGLE) QUALCOMM M3
The Following User Says Thank You to noahvt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bigkiler5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaison thomas View Post
no, find some better alternatives.
what alternative would you suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahvt View Post
For what price can you buy the xsp?
around 11,000 rupees(approx 185$) i visited sony showroom and they said i can get a new only if someone have it in their stock. but i dont think buying it brand new after the productoin has been long stopped is a good idea. specs wise the phone seems promising. a little modification in the os will turn the beast out of it.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by umair42 View Post
If you only want a phone that runs games perfectly then you can buy this phone.It has a powerful processor and gpu and is capable of running high end games.It also features a large battery so you can get good battery life as well.
i am basically a gamer guy. i currently own xperia x10 and with right improvements in the system, i can run modern combat 4 almost flawless(apart from phone's bad multitouch) i am not rich enough to get the xperia z and i don't wanna go for chinese phones either.

since in india 4g launched recently,i assume we will have the non LTE version (C5302). is that gonna be written on the about phone screen?