Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

[Q] Stuck Bootanimation

OP msainani

2nd July 2014, 10:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Goa
Thanks Meter: 1

39 posts
More
I flashed the bootanimation zip from this page: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2793356

The animation works, but gets stuck in the middle, and the phone won't boot after that.
I tried flashing the Android L bootanimation zip after that from this page :http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799920
But it says installation aborted

Can someone help me out please? Will flashing another zip over the previous one solve the problem?
I can't do a restore from CWM because my memory card got corrupted a couple of days ago and there's no working backup

HELP
2nd July 2014, 11:03 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 115

496 posts
More
Reflash stock. Sounds like the bootanimation screwed something up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oblox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 11:04 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Goa

39 posts
More
Tried flashing another zip from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2619759

It flashed properly, but I still get the FIFA animation from the first zip and it gets stuck. Phone still won't boot.

Can someone please help me out here?
Last edited by msainani; 2nd July 2014 at 11:06 AM.
2nd July 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Goa

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblox

Reflash stock. Sounds like the bootanimation screwed something up.

Is there no way other than reflashing stock? Can I somehow atleast make a backup of my apps?
2nd July 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Goa

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msainani

Is there no way other than reflashing stock? Can I somehow atleast make a backup of my apps?

I still have access to CWM and TWRP menus. If there's any way I can backup the apps, can you explain how it can be done?
2nd July 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Goa

39 posts
More
Got it to work. Cleared cache from recovery and flashed another boot animation zip. Phone's up and running again

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread