Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,858 Members 36,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to flash gapps-kk-2014-0606.signed.zip with cm11 installed on my Xperia SP

Tip us?

ThaNoob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unable to flash gapps-kk-2014-0606.signed.zip with cm11 installed on my Xperia SP

Hi you all! I apologize for my english,i'm italian.
I got a problem and now i'm on expose it: i successfully installed the awesome cm11-20140830-nightly with Williams kernel v4,but i can't install the official CM11 gapps KK pack! When i try to do it CMW returns an error code (bad) with the android robot dead (very funny ).I'm using CMW recovery version 6.0.x . Now i'm trying the newest dev version of CM 11 and i'll let you know what happens when you install gapps withe these CM 11 versions.I love CM 11 but i also need gapps pack and i would not like to be forced to change ROM because of this problem,so i need help,thanks in advance.

Oblox
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaNoob View Post
Hi you all! I apologize for my english,i'm italian.
I got a problem and now i'm on expose it: i successfully installed the awesome cm11-20140830-nightly with Williams kernel v4,but i can't install the official CM11 gapps KK pack! When i try to do it CMW returns an error code (bad) with the android robot dead (very funny ).I'm using CMW recovery version 6.0.x . Now i'm trying the newest dev version of CM 11 and i'll let you know what happens when you install gapps withe these CM 11 versions.I love CM 11 but i also need gapps pack and i would not like to be forced to change ROM because of this problem,so i need help,thanks in advance.
If you havent done so already try re-downloading the Gapps zip as it could be corrupt in some way, other than that it could be the recovery version so maybe try philz/TWRP if you have them.

Id strongly recommend having a look at the PA gapps packages as they are reguarly updated and offer a range of choices.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942
The Following User Says Thank You to Oblox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ThaNoob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblox View Post
If you havent done so already try re-downloading the Gapps zip as it could be corrupt in some way, other than that it could be the recovery version so maybe try philz/TWRP if you have them.

Id strongly recommend having a look at the PA gapps packages as they are reguarly updated and offer a range of choices.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942
I don't think the file was corrupted sicne i've checked the md5sum and was correct.I'll try to follow your suggestions and post the results here.
By the way i've just tried the lastest CM 11 dev version but nothing changed so i guess it does not depend on CM 11 version.Could a different kernel make the difference here?

Oblox
Old
Thanks Meter 97
It shouldnt do I wouldnt have thought.

ThaNoob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblox View Post
It shouldnt do I wouldnt have thought.
I solved my problem by installing pa_gapps-stock-4.4.4-20140901 and now all works fine! Thank you for your help @Oblox
Hope this will be helpful for other Xperia Sp owner who has the same issue.

Oblox
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Glad its all sorted.