View Poll Results: Have you unbricked your xperia sp from hardbrick if yes please comment the solution
yes 0 0%
no 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Xperia SP Hard Bricked , Possible Solution ?

21st March 2015, 07:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
HI everyone

i have hard bricked my xperia sp , my xperia sp is c5302 i have falshed c5303 ftf its hard bricked
Led not working when put in charge and when connected with pc
power button not working
hard reset button not working (back on the phone)
display not working
fastboot and flashmode not working

but when connected with pc qhsusb_dload driver instalation started and windows cant find drivers , i updated the drivers manually
and treid testoint method but its not working
log:
20-03-2015 15:57:45 will use DLOAD protocol ...
20-03-2015 15:57:45 0808010600900000
20-03-2015 15:57:45 0D0F50424C5F446C6F6164564552322E30
20-03-2015 15:57:45 162001000100
20-03-2015 15:57:45 17004001000100E1108800
20-03-2015 15:57:45 1801000F43240892D02F0DC96313C81351B40FD5029ED98FF9 EC7074DDAE8B05CDC8E1
20-03-2015 15:57:46 PHONE NOT SUPPORTED IN THIS MODE
20-03-2015 15:57:46 Elapsed:19 secs.

but i havent opened the device and used metal with testpoint
because there is no successfull report on working on xperia sp in the forum

Is there any one sucessfully unbricked using test point method or any other method to unbrick
And im willing to donate for the solution

regards
david
21st March 2015, 09:08 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 757

693 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi,

First of all : There is no hard brick for Xperia SP. Either you have a soft brick or your phone has a hardware default.

Now there are two common cases of soft brick from which you can recover:
The first is some kind of early bootloop. It seems like the phone is off but your phone is bootlooping. This happens if you flash a non working kernel (and can probably also happen with a corrupt kernel).
To recover from this: plug your phone to pc, press volume up and without releasing it, press the reset button on the back. You should keep all the three (volume up, usb and reset) until you see the green led. This mean you are in flashmod and from then just follow the guides !

The second kind generally comes from the first one. It's an empty battery with non working software. It happens if for example you have a bootloop which drains your battery totally.
To recover from this: plug your phone to wall charger (not on computer) and wait for some hours (you will probably need at least 3. Maybe even 5-6 hours) and then try the solution for the first kind of brick.

I don't think I have seen any harder brick than these two and I believe hard brick cannot happen unless you mess with the bootloader (like editing it).
The problem could also be a hardware default. In this case, just send your phone for repair if you still have warranty or buy a new one.
21st March 2015, 09:40 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
ty
thank you pec0ra for the reply
i can confirm that its not soft brick (bootloop , sony logo,display on) and there is no hardware defect , bootloader is unlocked and i havent played with bootloaders ,never relocked or other things
tried by connecting hard reset button + volume down +volume up to enter flashmode but no it isnt
what happenedd is i have flashed wrong ftf (charge level 50+ percentage) and falshtool succesfully flashed c5303 ftf and removed usb and tried to turn on but power isnt responding phone doesnt turned on and back hardreset button also failed to reboot the phone , when i coonected with pc it tried to install qualcomm drivers (qhsusb_dload)
i dont know what will happen after flashing wrong ftf technically
can you say about that little more that would be helpfull
thank you
Last edited by uh oh; 21st March 2015 at 09:48 AM.
21st March 2015, 12:26 PM   |  #4  

693 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uh oh

thank you pec0ra for the reply
i can confirm that its not soft brick (bootloop , sony logo,display on) and there is no hardware defect , bootloader is unlocked and i havent played with bootloaders ,never relocked or other things
tried by connecting hard reset button + volume down +volume up to enter flashmode but no it isnt
what happenedd is i have flashed wrong ftf (charge level 50+ percentage) and falshtool succesfully flashed c5303 ftf and removed usb and tried to turn on but power isnt responding phone doesnt turned on and back hardreset button also failed to reboot the phone , when i coonected with pc it tried to install qualcomm drivers (qhsusb_dload)
i dont know what will happen after flashing wrong ftf technically
can you say about that little more that would be helpfull
thank you

I'm not sure about this, but I think flashing a c5305 firmware on a c5302 shouldn't brick your phone but only your wireless connectivity.

The bootloop I talked about is a bootloop that happens before the sony logo displays. Booting android happens approximately so :
  1. Reset signal sent to cpu
  2. Load kernel (I'm not sure but this should be done by some hardware procedures and the bootloader) and initialize devices
  3. Load ramdisk and display splash logo (sony)
  4. Launch android and display boot animation

If you have a bootloop at 4 (after the boot animation has appeared), it means your kernel is working but your rom has a problem (for example it is not compatible with the kernel)
If you have a bootloop at 3 (after the splash logo has appeared), it means you have a problem in the ramdisk
If your CPU is totally broken, you might never arrive at 2

Now the interesting part is if your kernel is broken (for example not compatible with your hardware or there is an error in the code or the binaries are corrupted). If an error happens in the kernel, an interrupt signal will be sent to your CPU and you will start again at 1. This will lead in a loop in 1 and 2. Your screen will stay off but your CPU will run at max speed doing the early initialization again and again. This often drains the battery before you find it out.

This kind of hidden bootloop only happened to me when I modified a kernel and made some errors, but I can easily imagine that this can also happen with something going wrong in firmware flashing or corrupted firmware.

I have seen this kind of problem a few times, mainly on my phone, but I've also seen other users report similar problem. My guess is your phone only has this problem and I recommend you to let it charge a few hours and then try to connect it in flashmod.
If the problem isn't the one I mentioned (and this is of course possible), then I can unfortunately not help you further and you should wait for others to reply.

Good luck !
21st March 2015, 02:03 PM   |  #5  
Flag Slubice
Thanks Meter: 64

371 posts
More
Quote:

HI everyone

i have hard bricked my xperia sp , my xperia sp is c5302 i have falshed c5303 ftf its hard bricked
Led not working when put in charge and when connected with pc
power button not working
hard reset button not working (back on the phone)
display not working
fastboot and flashmode not working

but when connected with pc qhsusb_dload driver instalation started and windows cant find drivers , i updated the drivers manually
and treid testoint method but its not working
log:
20-03-2015 15:57:45 will use DLOAD protocol ...
20-03-2015 15:57:45 0808010600900000
20-03-2015 15:57:45 0D0F50424C5F446C6F6164564552322E30
20-03-2015 15:57:45 162001000100
20-03-2015 15:57:45 17004001000100E1108800
20-03-2015 15:57:45 1801000F43240892D02F0DC96313C81351B40FD5029ED98FF9 EC7074DDAE8B05CDC8E1
20-03-2015 15:57:46 PHONE NOT SUPPORTED IN THIS MODE
20-03-2015 15:57:46 Elapsed:19 secs.

but i havent opened the device and used metal with testpoint
because there is no successfull report on working on xperia sp in the forum

Is there any one sucessfully unbricked using test point method or any other method to unbrick
And im willing to donate for the solution

regards
david

Did you select s1 Emergency mode? Do you have s1boot version wich support SP? Which driver did you use? You have to use Gordons Gate drivers.
21st March 2015, 06:02 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0ra

I'm not sure about this, but I think flashing a c5305 firmware on a c5302 shouldn't brick your phone but only your wireless connectivity.

The bootloop I talked about is a bootloop that happens before the sony logo displays. Booting android happens approximately so :

1. Reset signal sent to cpu
  2. Load kernel (I'm not sure but this should be done by some hardware procedures and the bootloader) and initialize devices
  3. Load ramdisk and display splash logo (sony)
  4. Launch android and display boot animation

If you have a bootloop at 4 (after the boot animation has appeared), it means your kernel is working but your rom has a problem (for example it is not compatible with the kernel)
If you have a bootloop at 3 (after the splash logo has appeared), it means you have a problem in the ramdisk
If your CPU is totally broken, you might never arrive at 2

Now the interesting part is if your kernel is broken (for example not compatible with your hardware or there is an error in the code or the binaries are corrupted). If an error happens in the kernel, an interrupt signal will be sent to your CPU and you will start again at 1. This will lead in a loop in 1 and 2. Your screen will stay off but your CPU will run at max speed doing the early initialization again and again. This often drains the battery before you find it out.

This kind of hidden bootloop only happened to me when I modified a kernel and made some errors, but I can easily imagine that this can also happen with something going wrong in firmware flashing or corrupted firmware.

I have seen this kind of problem a few times, mainly on my phone, but I've also seen other users report similar problem. My guess is your phone only has this problem and I recommend you to let it charge a few hours and then try to connect it in flashmod.
If the problem isn't the one I mentioned (and this is of course possible), then I can unfortunately not help you further and you should wait for others to reply.

Good luck !

pec0ra after charging my phone for 6 hours (leds off all time) and connected to the pc red led glows in device and windows started searching for drivers and device named as unrecognized and after some time device disconnected from pc
and i treid to boot in flashmode volume down + power , power +volumedown+hard reset button but the led is red and turns off after 3 or 4 sec
i cant boot to flashmode or fastboot ,
2 : kernel is broken or not there to load or wrong kernel , and what might be the cause for not booting up in flashmode or fastboot is that kernel problem.
thank you pec0ra
21st March 2015, 06:23 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smogf

Did you select s1 Emergency mode? Do you have s1boot version wich support SP? Which driver did you use? You have to use Gordons Gate drivers.

s1 emergency mode: yes
s1boot version for sp : yes from the other forum
gordon gate drivers :yes
thank you smogf
21st March 2015, 06:51 PM   |  #8  

693 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

pec0ra after charging my phone for 6 hours (leds off all time) and connected to the pc red led glows in device and windows started searching for drivers and device named as unrecognized and after some time device disconnected from pc
and i treid to boot in flashmode volume down + power , power +volumedown+hard reset button but the led is red and turns off after 3 or 4 sec
i cant boot to flashmode or fastboot ,
2 : kernel is broken or not there to load or wrong kernel , and what might be the cause for not booting up in flashmode or fastboot is that kernel problem.
thank you pec0ra

Flashmode is independent from the kernel.
The right combo is volume up + hard reset. Keep them at least 10-15 seconds while connected to usb.
21st March 2015, 07:21 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0ra

Flashmode is independent from the kernel.
The right combo is volume up + hard reset. Keep them at least 10-15 seconds while connected to usb.

volume up+hard reset : not working
volume down +hard reset : not working
volume up/down+power , volume up/down + hard reset: red led for 3 or 4 sec then turned off device disconnected
when ever i connect with power button + other button red led for 3 or 4 sec is that when power button is pressed the device try turn on ?
and when connecting with wall charger with pressing power button red led blink (a flash) is that device is in low battery
and one big question should i drain the battery completly and tried to connect in flashmode or charge the device fully overnight and try to boot in flashtool
really thank you pec0ra for the patience , help
21st March 2015, 07:25 PM   |  #10  
Flag City of God / City of Sun *-*
Thanks Meter: 542

765 posts
Donate to Me
More
try installing another kernel and flash any rom?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread